Another VX2 Software Update Question

Unit needs to go into the service center for a hardware update before the software can be updated and I also suggest an internal battery change.

Just reading about the software updates still need help , I have a navnet vx2 rdp-149 serial No 4326-2134 with radome RSB-0071-057 the program reads No 195002301.07 With Navionics will like to software upgrade and program for C-map nt max any help would be greatly appreciated.

Question for you Johnny.

Trying to upgrade the software on my Furuno I just bought, and having some issues.

Ser #: 4323-3205
Prog #: 195002301.05

I downloaded version 4.01 from the Furuno site to an SD card (4GB - FAT formatted) and followed the upgrade instructions but the unit did not read the update. In fact, when I put into the NavNet VX2 display card slot and press power, it won't even turn on.

Do I need to step by step upgrade it because of how old the firmware is, or what's my next step.

Thank you.

You have 1.05 software. It is very old (2005). Anything thing 1.05 or lower must go to the service center for a hardware mod to allow the unit to be upgraded properly.

Furuno Service
4400 NW Pacific Rim Blvd
Camas WA 98607

Thanks Johnny.

Two more questions for you.

1) After I get the machines updated, will a 2017 Navionics Gold Chip even work on the updated software? My machine says NavNetVx2 Navionics Gold on the outside, so I think it would, but would like your opinion as well.

2) In trying to remove the units from the flush mount on my console, do I remove the face plate of the machine to get access to screws that will release the machine from the console, of there another way I should attempt it.

Thank you sir.

Only the (XL9) Gold chips will work in the Navionics Vx2. If you have one, then you should be in good shape. Newer chips like 1XG offered by Navionics are not compatible. Navionics has stopped selling new cards that will work in the Vx2. Most customers opt to have the unit reprogrammed to be C-map. C-map still supports and sells cards for the Vx2. The C-map operational software also runs faster in these units.

The Vx2 is normally screw mounted from the back. Many will also put some RTV around the edge so you might have to use a little muscle, once the mounting screws are out. The bezel does not come off from the front when flush mounted.

Hello, looking for some help updating my Furuno system. It's a VX2, Radar, sounder, and GPS with Dual displays. Also has an old navionics card
Ser 4327-2527 and 4327-2283

The software indicates a 7" Navionics unit with version 1.08 software.

You can update the unit using the software and instructions posted under the model of your product listed on our website. (www.FurunoUSA.com)

In case of a 7" unit, I normally use the 1724C as the model number. The model number of your exact unit is based on the radar it is connected to and normally shown on the front cover of your manual.

Thank you. Yes it's 7" navionics. Wasn't sure if it had to be done in steps.

Edit. Update performed. Shows 4.01 on both units.

Also, if I chose to swap over to c-map, do I have to call them direct to get the proper <2gb card?

Good morning Captain105,

In the plotter display, push the menu button, then choose Plotter Setup. In that menu do you have an option for "Popup Info" on/off?

C-Bass

Back