DST-800PSF Smart Sensor Temp Anomaly

Yeti

Data is reading ~120 F.

Given our temperature in Puget Sound averages around 55 F., I know this can't be correct. I've searched the menu for a calibration function but without out any luck. Am I missing something here, or is the sensor on the fritz?

If the smart sensor is putting out incorrect data, you should see if you can correct it in the display unit by applying an offset. It also could be the device you are using has an incorrectly applied offset. If you find you can't correct it, then the DST-800PSF would have to be replaced.

Thanks, Johnny.

I guess I should have mentioned that my data display instrument is a FI-503. In looking on the web, it appears there is an "offset" adjustment in the menu (which I never could find). I'll give it another wack.

My first smart sensor showed "crazy" temperatures after 2 years, temps were inrcreaisng til value wsa out of range.....repaced the sensor, same defect after another two years.....

I've got a DT-200 (Same thing but without speed) and the temp has gone nuts on it too. Searching around, it seems to be a very common problem.

Good to know. If its a common Problem I will contact Airsense what they offer in return for that repeating failures

Figured I'd just revive my old thread on this topic rather than start a new one...

After three years, and no luck recalibrating, I've come to the conclusion my DST-800SF is just tits-up in the temperature department. No big deal, as speed through water and depth were my primary concerns anyway, having temp was just a bonus. That being said, I'm hauling in a couple weeks to do a bottom job, and figured (assumed) after three years, Airmar has finally got their shlit together on this what appears to be temp issue, and I'm safe to replace.

Question:

Rather than "fish" another 20 foot drop cable from the DST-800 over to my N2K junction box (up down in and around through the boat), can I just splice the new DST-800 into the existing drop cable using N2k micro drop cable field-attachable connectors?

Back