WS200

ramatuska

I recently upgraded from NN3D to TZ2, having trouble with GPS signal from a WS200.

Previously the WS200 was wired through the DRS4D Radome, now I have wired directly to N2K buss. All data, temp & wind, from the WS200 is good except for GPS signal. When GPS is not working, also no heading data.

I did have to splice in an extension to the WS200 N2k cable.

Could problem be due to using (or not using in my case) the Pin#5 terminator resistor pin?

Thank you

When connected to the radar the pin is the terminator for end of the CanBus network with the other resistor (terminator) connected inside your dome. If the WS200 is now a drop to a spate N2K backbone the cable can be no longer then 6 meters. Improper N2K architecture can cause random and inconsistent problems.

Thanks Melville,

In my new installation I had the WS200 at the end of the backbone, resulting in an extra resistor in play. There was a resistor in the new WS200 cable I just installed plus the resistor from the old installation that was at the end of the old backbone.

Will get back to the boat and report if removing one of the resistors solves the problem.

I am considering buying a WS200 unit and the idea of wiring it directly to my radar is very interesting to avoid having to run extra wire through the mast. Can it be connected directly to an NXT radar with full functionality and no other connections required?

Terrapin,
To answer your question, no you can't.
The reason why is because the DRS4D-NXT radar does not have a NMEA2000 connection inside the dome like some of our other radars.

Back