2.13 s/w for nn3d

Piers

Furuno Fan
v2.13 has fixed our Heading Missing alarm (YES!) but has some other bug fixes as well:

1) After "Radar Overlay OFF" is selected and the unit is restarted, the setting is changed to "Radar Overal ON". This is corrected.

2) The AIS-SART messages of the Kannad AIS-SART transponder are received.

3) The display of the S52 sysmbol marks (beacons, buoys) on the Vector Chart Display (in the nigh mode) is modified.

4) When two or more MFDBBs (DUX version) are connected, "HOST NAME duplicate" is displayed. This is corrected.

5) The time-out period of "Heading Lost" is changed froim 1 to 5 sec so that the "Heading lost" message does not appear frequently.

6) When no HDG is input on the Radar display,
Before the modification: AIS targets are displayed northward
Afrer the modification: No AIS traget is displayed

7) The Marine zone is upgraded (to 2014 version).

8) The Blue Force Tracking (BFT) (the EIVDM sentence of NMEA 0183) is compatible.

9) The Sirius Weather Receiver: BBWX3 is compatible.

10) When the icon of the Sirius Weather Lightning is tapped, the information of the other icon is displayed. This is corrected.

All the best - Piers

v2.13 hasn't been introduced to the market here in the USA yet.
I believe there was something about it that has us waiting for the next release.
Glad Furuno UK got you working.

I stand corrected. v2.13 has been released in the USA only for MFDBB units.
We have been shipping v2.13 in the MFDBB for several months. The items you listed are provided by v2.12 for the MFD12 and MFD8.

That's really interesting. The transitory Heading Missing alarm has been bugging us since original fitting over three years ago which was featured in Motor Boat and Yachting in April 2013 (http://www.playdeau.com/play-deau-is-fe ... -yachting/).

It seems our MFDBB was the tenth (from memory) to be supplied with v2.11. Is there any way Furuno can publish it's s/w upgrades to users with release notes so we know what's on offer and what's being fixed?

As I say, it's been over 3 years and only solved by a chance conversation that provided the info we needed. But, it is fixed.

Furuno USA publishes a software history in the same location where the software and instructions are stored (under the product in question). Furuno USA has a few things different when it comes to the software compared to other distributors. (Sirius weather for example is a USA weather based system) It is best that you work closely with your distributor. I am happy to hear they did resolve your issue and look forward to hearing about your successful travels with the system.

Johnny Electron":2fbqv7db said:
The items you listed are provided by v2.12 for the MFD12 and MFD8.

I'm not finding the v2.12 updater on the MFD8 product page/software. Where is it available?

Greg

It is a release only available for Sirius weather users and provided with the purchase of a new weather unit. For customers with older weather units, the software is obtained by contacting our tech support line. I will PM you a link.

Although we don't have Sirius, our nn3d was two years old when we applied the upgrade. Gave it a thorough testing this year with much cruising and NO warnings. What a superb piece of kit.

I now use a small wireless mouse on my log's clip board to control it from the PH seat so i don't have to move much when driving. How lazy is that!

Back