Setting a custom time zone

svjeorgia

In the last 6 months I've been in two places that use a time zone that is not listed in the drop down menu for setting the systems time zone. For example, Tonga is GMT+13. Is there anyway to manually enter a time zone?

Regards
Paul L

Time offset is picked from the pull down and there is no way to use your own custom time. You make a good point that no one has ever reported that the selection isn't available. You can use -11 offset selection and the time will be correct but the date will be one day off because of the date line. I will report this to product development.

Using -11 makes all the tide stuff off.

Also pls report the Marquesas, French Polynesia. It is a 1/2 hour time zone that is also not available.

Regards
Paul

So over 2 years later and this issue is still not fixed?

There also is no Newfoundland time zone ( GMT - 3:30). Should'nt they just use the proper time zones instead of an interger offset? Better yet, it is a GPS, shouldn't figure out which time zone you are in and display the local time?

Yes there are a few people who fall into these areas. I believe they are adding the ability to set the time offset by as little as 15mins. Japan knows about it and has been working on it. I guess it helps if you live in areas where there are more boaters so the problem gets more attention. My understanding is the next version of software will address this.