bds and accufish simultaneously on

asyrop

I have read the topic entitled "FCV588 with P66 size of targets" where you suggest NOT to turn on bds and accufish simultaneously. Could you please provide me with more in depth information as to why ? Is there a "conflict" between the two ? Does the same apply to RezBoost ?
I currently operate a GP1871f with P66.
Thank you in advance

Deep blue is the expert, but generally when you flip the FCV-588 into Accu-Fish the TX (Transmit) pulse length changes according to ACCU-FISH On/Off state. This causes a difference in both sensitivity and the echoes viewed. (P.12) ;)

In BDS, conversely the high and low frequencies are alternately transmitted, regardless of the current display selection. The TX (transmit) interval is slower when the feature is active. (P.13) :)

So one mode essentially can make the other mode less effective, thus one advanced feature mode at a time is my best guess. :think

ref.: https://furunousa.com/-/media/sites/fur ... manual.pdf

- Maggy :sail

Thank you Magnetron for your response. I have already read the manuals of gp1871f, fcv588, fcv295 and tzt3 devices in my quest of clarifiying the use of these features.
To recap
both bds and accufish use low and high frequency transmissions
accufish changes pulse length (I guess it lowers it to gain resolution)
bds "slows" tx interval (I guess it waits more for echo returns, even though "the tx interval is slower" manual phrase confuses me)
These are two different characteristics. Why are they incompatible ?
Does "slower tx interval" decrease accufish accuracy ?
And what about RezBoost ?
Can I use it simultaneously with bds and/or accufish ?
Thank you again

asyrop":1c8a0udd said:
Can I use it simultaneously with bds and/or accufish ?
Thank you again

Each advanced feature uses a lot of resources to process either bottom composition -OR- fish accuracy. So likely, due to a special engineering reason, when we specifically look at the bottom, we're using different settings/resources that aren't shared easily when we're look at the fish (which are higher up), and vice-versa.

- Maggy :sail

Don't use bds but accufish and rezboost don't get along. Rezboost seems to filter out some of the accufish #'s. Had a school of kokanee with atleast 50 #'s on the screen and with rezboost on the numbers dissappear. Also, the 1870 selectively would pick out individual fish in the kokanee school, mostly 8-12", but my 1871 lumps them together to show one large fish. The best feature on the 1871 is the a scope that shows on both screens when using split screen bottom lock.

asyrop,

Both ACCU-FISH and Bottom Discrimination utilize both the sounder's frequencies, for ACCU-FISH mode this is using different beam angles for the LF and HF to determine the fish sizing. For the Bottom Discrimination mode the system, its using a different TX rate and it looking at the secondary echoes to determine Rocks, Gravel, Sand or Mud. When the Bottom Discrimination mode is ON it changes the sounders pulse length and uses both frequencies, even if you are only looking at one. Keep in mind that Bottom Discrimination mode gets deactivated when you are in less than 16ft of water.

So in short, I recommend only use one mode at a time depending on what you are fishing for.

- Deep Blue ;)

Back