FCV 295 vs 1150

T

teffy

My intent is to install a r99 and run a recently refurbd fcv 1000 until i can move up to a 295 or 1150.

What are the differences between the fcv 295 and the 1150 other than screen size?
thanks

Teffy,
Right off my head besides a larger screen, it is brighter. It (FCV1150) is the only stand-alone sounder that can also act as a network sounder on the NN3D system network. (FCV1150 has network port on back of unit). It offers advanced heaving compensation if used with a Furuno Sat Compass. This means you could be taking on huge swells and the sounder bottom remain stable. I am sure there are more differences that I missed but those come to mind.
Johnny

Teffy,
Both the FCV-295 and FCV-1150 have the same transmitter/receiver. The 1150 has a bigger screen 12.1" vs 10.4", the 1150 is brighter, the 1150 has higher screen resolution, it can be heave compensated and it has network capabilities with Navnet 3D. Hope this helps.

Snips

Thanks Mr Snips and Johnny E
That clears up quite a bit, now off to get those lottery tickets.

i have an SC-30 installed along with an FCV 1150, i have done all the settings to have the Heaving compensation work but i still have no Heaving compensation Icon on the top right corner of my screen. Can you kindly let me know or send me a picture of the correct settings to be done on the FCV 1150 in the Heaving settings along with a snapshot of the NMEA settings page picture to check if i have things done correctly. One final Note, i have the FCV connected to a R509LH transducer, does it affect the Heaving option or should work?

Snips":1hrhcfss said:
Teffy,
Both the FCV-295 and FCV-1150 have the same transmitter/receiver. The 1150 has a bigger screen 12.1" vs 10.4", the 1150 is brighter, the 1150 has higher screen resolution, it can be heave compensated and it has network capabilities with Navnet 3D. Hope this helps.

Snips
Hi, i just sent a message on this thread, can you be kind enough and assist please?

Good morning KGB666,

So how is the SC30 connected to the FCV1150, we need wire colors and also what converter is being used and what location and pins on the FCV1150?

C-Bass

Sorry it is a SC 33 and not 30, it is connected through a universal converter, will and should it work? Or I need the original Furuno Converter?

What converter is it? Make and model? What wires are you using? Please provide as much detail as you can.

i am connecting this unit to the FCV 1150, can you be kind enough to send me where to connect all the cables as the diagram you sent me only shows that i have to connect 2 wires.

Is there any video link or step by step in depth setting for the fcv 1150 as the manual does not dwell deep into the true settings for deep see settings?

Good afternoon KGB666,

Unfortunately there is not a video for instructions on settings for using the FCV 1150 for fishing deep. Many times the settings will be dynamic based on the water conditions during the day of fishing and target species. Transducer differences will also be part of the setting process for the day of fishing. Many times it can be trial and error until the customer has the correct settings and filters applied.

Back