CHOOSING FREQUENCY

Hi team. I have a fcv295 and a r109 transducer. I am wanting to have a play woth different frequencies when out fishing . The manual isn't exactly easy to follow in regards to selecting frequency choice frequency control and bandwidth. What I can't understand is why ya can't simply select a frequency to use say... 38 kHz. Why do u have to select a frequency control and then bandwidth etc? CAN someone help out ?

Chewbucaca17,
Just know that the FCV-295 has three blocked out frequency bands, 53-65, 111-139 and 171-183Khz. So if you want to play around with the frequencies set the LF at 42Khz with the bandwidth of 21Khz. On the HF side you can choose 155Khz with a BW of 30Khz or 200Khz and a BW of 40Khz. The bandwidth is how much you will be able to change the from the center frequency i.e. CF at 42Khz with a BW of 21Khz with allow you a range 31.5 to 52.5Khz.

Snips

Cool. Thanks snips. Will changing the frequencies change the return much in deep water??

Also,just to make sure it is all set up right in the sounder, what should the settings be on the XDCR SETTING PAGE? (The initial set up when a transducer is mounted in a boat)

For the r109? ...

Hf connection -
Frequency-(what to put in here as the transducer is not a set frequency like a 50/200 Transducer?)
Transducer-(Will the r109 appear in the options here?)
Tap-

And also for the low freq settings?

Sorry for all the questions! ..Just wanta make sure it's set up right!

Chewbucca17,
In the transducer set up menu you will find Manual or Transducer Type, use the Manual setting as the R-109 is not in the sounders database. Then set the center frequency and the Band Width as in the previous email. The Tap settings should be "B" for the LF side and "C" for the HF side.

Snips

Awesome. Thanks snips. I will try sort it all out next time I'm on the boat. I'll get back to ya if I have any struggles. Thanks again!

Chewbucca17,
no menu de configuração do transdutor você encontrará Manual ou Tipo de transdutor, use a configuração Manual, pois o R-109 não está no banco de dados de sirenes. Em seguida, defina a frequência central e a largura de banda como no e-mail anterior. As configurações de Tap devem ser "B" para o lado LF e "C" para o lado HF.

Recortes

""""""""""""IN CASE OF B260 1kw how to set the tap, I leave it in automatic?""""""""

Back