M260 and Temp Sensor

yuma 97

I am about to purchase a M260 to be used with an FCV 587. My current transducer is a P66. Since the M260 won't give a temperature reading, how can I connect the P66 to the 587 for use a a temp sensor? I've been thinking of a 6 pin pig tail for the P66, then connect the m260 and the P66 together via a Y Cable connector (AIR-033-270) then finally to the 587. Is this correct?What color wires should be connected at the Pig Tail/P66 junction?

Yuma 97,
The temperature sensor wires (P-66) are White Pin-7 and Brown Pin-4 on the 10-pin plug. I don't know the colors on the 6-pin plug but you want to connect to pins 2 & 3. The temp sensor is not polarity sensitive.

Snips

I re-read what you posted. The Blue and Black wires are not polarity sensitive, so they are connected as well, right?

Yuma 97,
I am a little confused here. I am assuming you are cutting the 10-pin off the P-66 and trying to mate it with the 6-pin plug for temperature, correct? Are you saying that pins 2 & 3 are Blue/Black on the 6-pin plug?

Snips

Correct, I am cutting the 10 pin off the p66 and trying to mate it to the 6 pin for temperature. My question is about power. If I connect only the white and brown wires from the P66 to pins 2 and 3 of the 6 pin plug nothing else is connected? If so, I incorrectly assumed the black and blue wires from the P66 were somehow involved. I don't know what colors pins 2&3 are on the 6 pin plug. I am asking all this prior to purchasing the 6 pin plug and checking to see if what I am proposing is feasible.

Yuma 97,
The Blue/Black coming out of the P-66 are the transducer leads. White/Brown are the temp wires. I haven't cut that 6-pin plug off before so I can't say what color wires are going to pins 2 & 3.

Snips

Back