Dff3d ip address

Aggeloseco

Furuno Fan
Hello, I installed a DFF3D on my Boat yesterday, what ip should I assign to it in order to be connected to my PC? I am using maxsea pro v3.3

Ok i managed to installed it properly, now it has to be tested.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,794
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    22.7 KB · Views: 1,794
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,793
more pics

Attachments

• Capture5.PNG
    Capture5.PNG
    23.3 KB · Views: 1,792
  • Capture6.PNG
    Capture6.PNG
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,792
  • Capture7.PNG
    Capture7.PNG
    14.2 KB · Views: 1,792
Aggeloseco,
I would start by learning the DFF3D in it's simplest form, as a single (10 degree) beam sounder. Here you can see how the Gain, TVG and Clutter settings all interact. Then widen the single beam out and see if you need to readjust any of the settings. Once you have done that you can progress to the triple beam mode, then the sector and 3D modes.

Snips

Ok snips I will do so.. I have one very first question as I tested it yesterday for the first time.
Can i zoom on the single beam? I wasn't able to zoom or to shift to the last meters of the bottom.

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    252.3 KB · Views: 1,731
Aggeloseco,
Under the display icon you will find a zoom control.

Snips

Attachments

• Zoom.JPG
    Zoom.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 1,723
Ok thank you very much, sorry but these are my first days out with the new system , so I try to set everything up
I do have another bigger problem. The water column ( 3D History) functions only in find fish mode and actually doesnt even show fish I tryed everything friom menu without success.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2018-04-07-15h11m03s770.png
    vlcsnap-2018-04-07-15h11m03s770.png
    787.5 KB · Views: 1,680
Appgeloseco,
Did it show fish in the single beam mode? Your first screen shot didn't show any. Also know that the single/triple beam, section and 3D have separate settings.

Snips

No it didn't. I actually see fish only in the cross section . I know about settings but I cannot find anywhere a setting that would allow me to see the 3D water column with depth shading instead only fish mode.
Also another thing, when I zoom in the single or triple beam, it doesn't zoom to the bottom, the bottom is being shifted downwards and disappear, and the first meters are zoomed,I think a shift function is missing.

Another example of the 3D History / water column

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2018-04-07-22h48m22s638.png
    vlcsnap-2018-04-07-22h48m22s638.png
    843.3 KB · Views: 1,554
Aggeloseco,
I hate to sound like a broken record but you need to be able to see fish targets in the single/triple beam mode first. If you can't see fish targets here we got to determine why not i.e. is the power set at 10 or using the gain in an Auto mode. Another item to check is if you use Manual gain can you flood the screen with noise? If you are not able to see fish in the single/triple beam mode you won't see them in the others either.

Snips

Attachments

• TZ P.JPG
    TZ P.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,551
Hello, so I did like it was said but unfortunately I didn't had any success

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2018-04-13-09h29m37s399.png
    vlcsnap-2018-04-13-09h29m37s399.png
    718.9 KB · Views: 1,509
  • vlcsnap-2018-04-13-09h32m37s011.png
    vlcsnap-2018-04-13-09h32m37s011.png
    876.8 KB · Views: 1,509
Good morning Aggeloseco,

Thank you for providing the photos in your last post. I noticed something in one of the photos. Please see below, I circled it in Red. The fish targets in the 3D history view can be colored based on Depth or Target Strength. However, the "Target Strength" option is only available for the WASSP Generation 3 Multibeam and not for the DFF3D. With the DFF3D attached you will want to make sure the fish targets are colored by Depth.

aggeloseco.JPG

This can be found in the TZ Pro user guide. Please see reference below.

Kind Regards,

Attachments

• Water_C.pdf
    201.4 KB · Views: 59
Aggeloseco,

I believe Snips is correct. I also believe it is just a setting. Once the change is made you should start to see a more realistic 3D History presentation that looks something like this. These screen captures were taken on my boat recently. As you can see from the attached pictures, my bottom colors are green/blue/yellow where yours are all grey and my fish are gold where you are showing no fish at all. Please let us know what you find out after your next test. I am sure we can figure out what needs to be changed to make this work for you.

Attachments

• Fred1.png
    Fred1.png
    451.3 KB · Views: 1,505
  • Fred5.png
    Fred5.png
    416 KB · Views: 1,505
Unfortunately I can’t shade the Bottom because I use maxsea pro software , and there isn’t the ability to shade the bottom with color, only to see fish school

Back