M260 Cable Splice

WFUTCH

I have a Airmar M260 with a Raymarine 8 pin plug that I am going to splice to a 10 pin Furuno plug for use on a TZT2 Touch. Raymarine part number is A66089. The Airmar diagram I am using for the Furuno is 91-827 and 91-782 for the Raymarine. I want to get verification on the pinout.

Furuno pin number to raymarine wire color

3 - Brown
5 - orange
8 - blue
9 - shield
10 - black

Thank you for the help.

WFUTCH,
Blue to pin-8
Shield to pin-9
Black to pin-10

That's all you need.

Snips

Thank you very much snips for answering my question. :furuno I read on some other post here about that the m260 needed the XID for the mix and match transducers. I also saw that it should not be connected as well. Could you provide a simple explanation of the use of the XID?

Well I think I found answer. Orange wire is for transmitter identification. This forum is extremely beneficial. Thank you for the quick response.

WFUTCH,
Correct, the Orange wire has the TID (Transducer identification). Just know that these in-hull transducers haven't been the best performers due to the round trip signal loss that occurs shooting through the hull.

Snips

I would like a wet faced transducer for sure. I have a 32 fountain with stepped hull. Have you seen any custom installations of thru hull ducers like b265lh or b260? Also going to install dff3d and planning on transom mount knowing I will not be able to see bottom faster than displacement speed

WFUTCH,
Stepped hulls are a big challenge. Before the first step is normally the most favorable location for a transducer but a lot depends the vessels internal layout if it is possible. Also some hulls flex more than others when hopping across the water. I have seen transducers mounted like in the picture below but on slower hulls. Maybe living with the M-260 for now will be OK for you.

Snips

Attachments

• 100_0918.JPG
    100_0918.JPG
    454.9 KB · Views: 1,417
There is access under the console to place a transducer. Is there any plans to add a tilted element transducer to the chirp family of ducers? B175 ducers are being installed in the new boats

WFUTCH,
You can use the 175L, 175H and 175HW with the DFF1-UHD.

Snips

Back