tzt 12 sounder performace

ginodan

Hi all
after removing my fcv 588 and fitting the tzt 12 i honestly thought that these two machines as sounders would be identical , but this tzt does not paint the same picture as my old 588 which i have unfortunately sold iv'e set this machine up as best i can but i can't get nowhere the same picture as the 588 .what am i doing wrong ?? i've spoken to someone else who has the exact same problem as has removed his for sale and ia'm ready to do the same and get another 588, is there something i'am missing i only fish to 60 mtrs max so transducer is a p66 which worked well with 588 ,any help would be appreciated.

Ginodan,
The sounder in the TZT2 is a little difference than what is in the FCV-588. I haven't had a chance to compare the two using a P-66 but I have using a B-260. Now the screen shots aren't exactly the same but I wasn't in the same location either.

Snips

Attachments

• DSCF2561.JPG
    DSCF2561.JPG
    793.8 KB · Views: 1,649
  • DSCF2563.JPG
    DSCF2563.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,649
Snips
i just can't seem to get the flare ups on the bottom lock like the 588, the dff3d was on the list that’s why I bought the tzt 2 but where I fish the ground is pretty flat mainly looking for hard low lying plate coral etc and and the fish are hard on the bottom most of the time, Iam just not sure whether this product is the right choice for my style of fishing, I’ve been racking my brain on transducers as to which one would be the best for this type of fishing ive attached some photos what do you think of the comparisons

Attachments

• IMG_2192.JPG
    IMG_2192.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,641
  • IMG_1921.JPG
    IMG_1921.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 1,641
  • IMG_2174.JPG
    IMG_2174.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,641
some more shots

Attachments

• IMG_2165.JPG
    IMG_2165.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,641
  • IMG_2130.JPG
    IMG_2130.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,641
  • IMG_1017.JPG
    IMG_1017.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,641
Ginodan,
Thanks for the screen shots. Were those taken on the same day in the same area? By the looks of the bottom returns they look quite different that why I asked. A couple of features that the 588 has that will be coming to the TZT2 sounder will be a White Line mode and All Gain (post processing).

Snips

snips
these were taken on same grounds but on different days ,thats good that the tzt will be getting the latter features

Ginodan,
OK, that is what it looked like.
It is so hard to judge a sounders performance to begin with but to add trying to do it on different days, well I haven't found a good way to do it. Sea conditions and fish targets are never exactly the same two days in a row.

Snips

Back