295 screen freezers

empire07

hi im after some advise my 295 screen froze once when I used it for the 2nd time and I kind of shrugged it off and now it has done it 3 times more.
it will freeze and I try to turn it off with the blue off button and the screen has the 3 seconds to off and then it remains very faint image of the last image and then it wont even turn back on.
to turn it off completely I have to isolate the supply to take away all voltage to the 295.
anyone have some ideas?

Empire07,
It actually takes 10-12 secs for the 295 or 1150 to completely power down. So if you try to turn it back on immediately after the powering down (3,2,1) disappears it won't power up. The faint image remaining happens on my test set also.

Can you describe in more detail the it "freezes" i.e. no screen advance, can't change ranges, can't access the menus.....

Snips

Hi snips, yep I left it for 15 minutes as a faint display hoping it would disappear. But wouldn’t until I cut the power to the unit. I may of touched the on button inside this 15 minutes which may of upset it?

I can confirm no screen advance but unsure of menu options and changing ranges I’ll have to test it out again to check
I’ll try get on the water this wknd
Thanks for your help

Empire07,
I am curious what software version the FCV-295 is using?

Snips

hi snips finally got onto the water this weekend.
I got the number from the blue screen on start up
0252365-02.01
I found this number online from another boater and I'm guessing I have 2 versions old software on my 295.
0252365-02.03
as for screen freezing well of course It hasn't done it this weekend
thanks for your help
ill post some pics of what I'm sounding as well

was bobbing up and down here and found the thin slither marked in deep red, then we decided to move to another spot, the interference filled the screen as I had the gain up high.
question is, I'm guessing turbulence ? (tm265)
if so why isnt the top part of screen filled with scatter?
can i change a setting to stop it filling the screen because if i turn gain back then i dont spot any fish targets

Attachments

• IMG_0898.JPG
    IMG_0898.JPG
    982.3 KB · Views: 2,119
we did alright here found something but couldn't get a bite

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0900.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0900.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 2,119
trolling for tuna here around 6 knots
on the HF there are plenty of deep red lines up and down
on the LF no deep red lines
any ideas for what they are ?

I'm guessing the main target (RHS of sounding) of 110 ft high was a kelp forest

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1445.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1445.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 2,119
Empire07,
Thanks for the screen shots. One suggestion would be to try changing your IR setting (Interference Rejection) from Auto to Medium.

Snips

Hi snips looks like I’m running the old software as well
2 versions old
From what I read I need to take it to an agent?

Empire07,
Yes, you will need to take it in to get the software updated.

Snips

Hi there I've just been reading up regarding your screen freezing. Is this just due to the software needing updating? As I have the fcv295 and over the last two trips it has frozen at least 6 times with today leaving the faint picture on the screen which I had to power down the house feed. Any advice is appreciated

Do you also run a temp/speed sensor? My temp seems to jump around a bit but has done from new so unsure if it's to do with software or not

Back