furuno fcv-628 and advansea c.56 they do not listen

J

juangarcia76

hello is my first message, but I've been reading them for two years when I bought my furuno-fcv 628 and first of all I wanted to thank you for everything I learned.
since I was put on note that I did not mark waypoint when I pressed the mark key, reviewing the installation I saw that I had left the cables of the Nmea 0183 white blue green yellow yellow and that is why its fault so I'm planning to fix it and connect it but I'm very lost if the equipments are compatible, I have a gps plotter advansea c56 and a furuno 628 the advansea brings output and input nmea 0183 like the furuno but I have read here in the forum that some equipment is not compatible and you do not need a converter
I upload the schematics and features of the gps aver if you can help me
fTOrAx

dnV4Vx

fC1NHc

iQ04Vx

I thought to connect it if they were compatible:

advansea c56 furuno 628
pin 6 nmea out 2+ RD-A+
pin 1 nmea ground - RD-B-
pin nmea in 1 + TD-A+
pin1 nmea ground - TD-B-

thank you very much for your help,
greetings

Juangarcia76,
Your schematics didn't post but I was able to go online to find them. Your Advansea C56 uses a RS-232 NMEA 0183 input/output where the FCV-628 uses RS-422. The proper way to interface the two devices is to use a RS-232 to RS-422 converter, doing this will allow the NMEA data to flow both directions. If you only want data to flow from the FCV-628 to the C56 you can try connecting the white wire of the 628 to pin-4 (C56) and the Blue wire to pin-1. If you want data to flow to the FCV-628 try connecting the Yellow wire to pin-3 (C56) and the Green wire to pin-1.

However please be aware that the data ground(s) are different and you are risking damaging the NMEA port(s) of the FCV-628. I hope this information helps.

Snips

Snips,
thank you very much for your prompt response has been very helpful, I am very happy with the 628 furuno and I do not want to hurt her.
I do not understand the operation of the network. I just want to be able to mark an underwater waypoint on the fishfinder 628 (by pressing the MARK key) and have it mark it on the advansea gps screen.
By making the data flow to the FCV-628 from the gps by connecting the yellow wire to pin-3 (C56) and the green wire (628) to pin-1 the probe will receive the latitude longitude position.
So will the function be activated and will I mark the submarine waypoint in ele gps when I press the mark key in the furuno?
or it is necessary that the furuno probe send the signal of the key press mark when the pulse on it to make me the submarine waypoint and send it to the gps connect the blue and white cable (furuno) to pin-4 and pin -1 (C54) so that the signal of the key press mark in furuno flows towards the gps?
If yes, would my proposal be advisable when connecting the yellow and green wire only of the probe inputs with the gps outputs to install the rs 232 to rs 422 converter as well as in the double coñexion (inputs and outputs)?

thank you very much for everything, I am very gratefu
greetings

john

The Mark function will not work on the Advansea C56 even if you wire up it properly. The Advansea C56 manual on page 7 shows the NMEA sentences it will accept. It is lacking the required TLL input sentence capability.

hello
Thank you very much for your response Johnny Electron, your help has made me understand, I went back to review all the documentation and I have meditated concluding that I am going to do the following:
I'm just going to make the information flow in one direction from the gps advansea to the 628 furuno and this way I can receive the positioning information on the screen, so I can only store the waypoint in the fishfinder, being very useful for me.
connect the cables:
advansea furuno628
pin 3 ------------------- yellow
pin 1 ------------------ green

then configure setup of fishfinder:
NMEA 0183 Ver 2.0 ?
Puerto NMEA ent/salida ?
Salida NMEA off
config wass off
salida tll off

In this connection to the yellow cable and see in which only information flows in one direction from the gps to the probe is also necessary to install a rs232 to rs 422 converter to not damage the ports or does not require that you put it and lso I connect directly?Could you please confirm that all this is correct?

thank you very much for your great help

regards

Yes that connection and settings should work for you MOST of the time. The problem is the Advansea C56 is not following the published NMEA standard of using RS422. They are using RS232 so technically you would need an RS232 to RS422 level converter. It will work okay as long as you do not try connecting up another listener on that output from the GPS. It isn't a perfect interface between the two, but it will work.

Back