Fcv 1100 transducer a wiring

K

Kingspride

I am looking to upgrade my transducer on my next haul out. I am looking at buying a 509LH for my 1100. We fish bottom in 150ft-1000ft. How will I go about wiring in the new transducer? What would the tap settings be. Thanks

Kingspride,
The FCV-1100 uses two 4-pin plugs for the transducers. Most of the time the R-509LH uses a Blue/Black/shield color code for the HF frequency, so the Blue goes to pin-2, Black to pin-4 and the shield to pin-3. The LF side should use a Blue/Black pair that has a white stripe. In this case the Blue/white goes to pin-2, Black/white pin-4 and the shield to pin-3. The Tap settings will be "B" for the LF side and "A" for the HF side.

Snips

Thanks for your speedy response. For transducer settings in the menu what transducer do I select or what manual settings do I use. I'm just wanting to make sure the machine is working at full power with the 509 LH.
Thanks

Kingspride,
I would start with 38Khz for the LF side. While you could use 200Khz I think around 130Khz is a better place to start on the HF side.

Snips

Back