NOS 582L

H

HBH

I recently purchased a NOS FCV 582L. it was in the original box and packaging still sealed up in the plastic sleeves. After installing it and repeatedly checking fuses, cables, voltage up to the very end of the plug I have the following problem I am hoping someone knows how to fix:
after pushing the power button the unit waits for about 7 minutes before powering up. Then, I repeatedly turn the unit on and off and it starts right up and shuts down immediately. I wait 10 minutes and turn it on and it powers right up again, immediately. I wait an hour and it delays start up for a few minutes, again. its the weirdest thing. It acts almost like a radar powering up with a delay to warm up. I don't think this is normal power up for this unit??
:questions :questions :huh

HBH, Thank you for inquiry.

This unit was replaced by the FCV585 back in 2008. So it sound like the unit has been sitting on a shelf somewhere since then. I suspect that the unit has a defective Power Board Issue.

I would contact the dealer where you bought the unit and have them send to Furuno Service for repair.

- Deep Blue

I purchased from a private party and it sat in his garage for 10 years in the box...its a discontinued product

HBH,

If you plug the FCV582L in and pull back the fuse holder boot, and then recheck the voltage while you are powering the unit. I would check both the voltage and amperage that is feeding the unit.

If you are still having problems, contact our tech support at 360-834-9300.

or if you thing the unit is defective, you can send it in to: Furuno USA Inc.
Attn: Service Department
4400 NW Pacific Rim Blvd
Camas, WA 98607-9408

Please be sure to include detail memo asking for a estimate for repair, and include a daytime phone number, along with a return address.

They should be able to repair the unit.

- Deep Blue.

Back