295 with Airmar B164 and TM270w

dalegoble

Just purchased the 295. Going to hook up two transducer that I already have. One of them is a Airmar B164 50/200hz. the other is a Airmar TM270w. I would like to run the b164 on 200hz on one side and the TM270 on 200hz on the other. The b164 has a 6 deg. cone angle at 200hz and the TM270w has a 25 Deg. at 200 hz. My question is running both at 200hz, will they interfere with each other. And also what would be the tap setting for each. From airmar data sheets it looks like you can slew the transducers about 10%.

I do understand that using a diplexed transducer that I can only use one Freq. I fish in the Gulf of Mexico South Florida. All our fishing is around 100' or so. I only use 200khz never 50. So Iam going to hook up two separate diplexed transducers to the unit. Have read much about this with little results. anyone here had any luck using a diplexed transducer on a 295 ?

Dalegoble,
The B-164 wasn't designed to go with the FCV-295. Will it work on 200Khz, yes, but how well is anybody's guess. I am curious what you are trying to gain by doing this?

Yes you can run two 200Khz at the same time without interference, because they transmit at the same time.

Snips

What Iam trying to gain is use two transducer that I already have. I know they are not designed to work with the 295 because they are diplexed transducers. If I can use just one freq. on the transducer thats ok. The reason for using both is one is a narrow beam and the other is a wide beam at 200 khz. If I had to use just one it would be the wide beam 200khz.
The tm270w is a transom mount 50/200 khz wide beam diplexed transducer. A great transducer they do not make any more. Its replacement is a chirp model from Airmar. Iam limited to what I can use on this Catamaran. Furuno does not make a wide beam transom mount transducer. Any ideas would be great. I fish shallow waters (less than 150') and looking for hard bottom or swiss cheese bottom with little structure. Fish hold tight to bottom or in holes in the limestone rock. Most of the time they are not visible. Furuno makes the best bottom machines. Had a Garmin on this boat and hate it. To hard to operate and no definition. It was on the boat when I bought it along with the B164.
So i will try this and see. What would the tap settings be for a 200khz 1K transducer ?
If it performs poorly I will go another route..
Thanks for any ideas......

Dalegoble,
You can try the transducers to see how they perform. One option would be the TM-275 on the FCV-295. We started using this combination a couple of years ago with good success.

Snips

Thank You..
I have to try it. If it doesnt work Then I thought about the Airmair TM275LHW Chirp Transom mount Wide beam. The transducer I have is the same except it only has two wires and a diplexer. Have to try it before I spend 1,600.00 for another transducer. Thanks for the reply. Will let you know the outcome.

Back