FCV585

FCV585

Postby salmonkiller » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:53 pm

I have a FCV585 and two of the pins for one of the plug-ins have broken off.... I cant remember if the plug is for the power or the transducer.

The unit will sometimes just shot-off off and then it will not turn back on.

I un-plug it and plug it back in several times until the unit fires back up.

Can this be fixed? Can I buy a new male plug in, take the unit apart and solder in a new one?

Thanks for your help
salmonkiller

Re: FCV585

Postby Johnny Electron » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:30 am

You would first need to find out if the problem is on the cable connector or with the connector on the back of the unit. If the unit is turning off, it must be the power connection. It is possible to buy a new power cable or the chassis Jack connector for the back of the machine from your Furuno dealer (depending on which you need). The chassis jack is soldered onto a board so you will need some skills.
Johnny Electron
Johnny Electron

Postby C-Bass » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:57 am

Good afternoon Salmonkiller,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please see the photo below that shows the front view of the power connector and the pin out. If it is the power connection that has broken pins, the pins may not be affecting power to the unit, depending on what pins are broken you might be ok.

Power Plug 585.JPG
Power Plug 585.JPG (16.71 KiB) Viewed 99 times

Power Pin Out.JPG
Power Pin Out.JPG (35.53 KiB) Viewed 99 times

That said i agree with Johnny, if the unit is powering itself off then there is something wrong with power to the unit. Either a bad cable, connection to main breaker, fuse, or the internal power connection on the board.

We need to try and isolate the source.

C-Bass
C-Bass

Postby salmonkiller » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:00 am

It’s pins 6 & 7 that are completely broken off. Maybe when it’s plugged in it pin 7 is actually making good contact despite being broken.. that would explain the unit having a hard time powering on and then turing off periodically...

How do I get this fixed ???
salmonkiller

Return to Fish Finders & Sonars