FCV 628. New potential owner w/questions

A

Anonymous

Hello, new to the forum and to Furuno.

Ive been looking to get a really good 2D unit on a budget and im considering the 628.

I fish mostly freshwater medium-sized rivers for large catfish. Depths are usually no more than 30ft occasionally up to 50' and I need a unit that will help separate the cats from the bottom.

Is the 628 good for this? Why? And what transom-mount transducer would work best?

Ive used Lowrance, Garmin, Raymarine and Humminbird. Why would the 628 work better than these?

Thanks

Zeke67,
Thank you for you inquiry.
The FCV628 is an excellent dual frequency echo sounder which has proven itself aboard countless boats in many differing types of fisheries. Don't take our word for it feel free to check any of the fishing blogs or message boards, and you find that it has stellar end user reviews. It packs got 600w of RMS power and includes features like bottom zoom, bottom lock, & the "white line" feature which can help to separate the bottom from fish species that hold close to the bottom (like catfish for example).
I'd recommend the 525T-PWD transom transducer, as it also would give the ability to engage the bottom discrimination mode, should you want to discern the type of bottom (mud, gravel, rock sand) that you're fishing over.

if you got money to burn and just have to have the best furuno is %100 unbeatable and will make you look like most on the sport dock but if your like me and depend on your machine to pay the rent and could care less what they think the fcv-628 is hand's down the absolute best sonar on the market since i switched to it everything from fishing to the morale on board is better then ever i highly recomend this unit

Finally got another response, but already ordered something else :sorry

If these Furunos really are above the crowd someone there has to a better job of getting the word out. Theres next to no info on them on the internet.

Back