FCV 628 and depth display

Don Sol

Hi Guys, ive had the FCV620 for many years, ive just fitted the FCV 628. I used the 525STID-PWD transducer since day 1 with the 620, without any issues. Now i have plugged it into the 628 and i do not get a depth reading display that is normally visable on the bottom left hand side of the screen. Is there a setting or something i am missing. The image and the quality of the reading is perfect. i set the machine up on manual (Range and Shift) and manual gain.
thanks a lot
Don

Under the Display Menu you should see an option for "Depth Size". Sounds like it may be set to off. Change it to small, Medium or Large depending on your preference and the depth should then be displayed.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I did check, its set at small. i have 3-4 dashes (blank) at the bottom left hand corner. If i put it onto DEMO a depth is displayed.

Don Sol,
Try restoring the 628 back to the factory defaults. If that doesn't bring back the digital readout you can try adjusting the Bottom Level setting in the Calibration menu. The BL adjustment goes from -100 to +100 and should be defaulted to 0. The BL setting is actually the sensitivity control for the digital display. The more negative the number the more sensitive it becomes, try -20.

Snips

HI, the BL setting at -20 has made a big improvement. Still a little intermittent, but working. I have settled on the -15 as i was getting a bit of interference. I think it will take a bit of fine tuning with the other settings, clutter etc. then i may be able to go up t maybe -25 for consistency.
thanks for the help

I am thinking of replacing my 620 with the 628 as well. My display won't stay on on my 620 when I power up. did the cables interchange. Thanks
Jim

Badgerdozer,
The cabling is the same between the 620 and 628.

Snips

Back