DFF3D and DFF1 Running Together

MarMax

Furuno Super Fan
I'm planning to add a DFF3D to my navnet system soon. System sonar components will be an MFD8 with a DFF1 and a TZT9 with the DFF3D. All will be connected up with the HUB101 and I've seen the docs that say the TZT9 is only to be connected via power and ethernet.

While fishing I plan to run the sonars full screen and together. The DFF1 gets it's signal from the B117 (520T-BLD) thru-hull and the DFF3D will be fed with the transom mount 165T-TM54.

It's nice that with the TZT I could run both sounders together on the same screen but might as well take advantage of both MFDs and a full screen display. I'll probably be running the DFF1 in dual mode as well.

Is there anything I need to know or is there any potential problems with the plan to run both sounders at the same time?

Marmax,
The only issue I can see is to make sure you have the 5.01 software in the TZT9. The earlier TZT software versions didn't support the DFF3D. The DFF1/DFF3D will be a good combination for you.

Snips

Since the NN3D system is not compatible with the DFF3D; you can not have them on the same network. The TZT9 by itself with the DFF3 is okay.

Back