Can I switch between the tztouch2 and BBDS1 with one transd?

M

Mfc

Hi I am going to purchase the tztouch2 15 and I noticed that it doesn’t have the white line feature. I was thinking of adding the BBDS1 box which has this feature. The question I have is if I install a ca50/200-It or a ca200/200-12m transducer, Can I switch between both the internal sounder in the tztouch2 and the BBDS1 box? I would like to use the RezBoost of the internal sounder than switch to the BBDS1 when I want to use the white line feature.

Thanks.

MFC,
Thank you for your inquiry.
In the TZTL15F there is the capability for a sounder source selection. This option is found in the sounder menu. So yes, you can switch the source of the sounder to display either the BBDS1 or the internal sounder in the TZTL15F, but not both simultaneously. Its either or. Secondly, be aware you cannot "share" a single transducer to two separate sounder sources at the same time. so you would either need to relocate the transducer plug to whichever source you were currently using (BBDS1 box or to the rear of the TZTL15F), or the better option would be to have two separate individual transducers (one for each sounder source).

Good afternoon MFC,

What is the timeline of your project?

Both the CA50/200-1T and the CA50/200-12m are compatible with the internal sounder on the TZT2 products. It would require a matching box called an MB1100 to interface to the TZT2.

The reason I ask about the timeline, we continually work on software enhancements on our products. The white line feature for the internal TZT2 sounder is currently in development. Depending on when you want to move forward with your project the feature might be available.

Please let us know.

Flatline":l6wyklio said:
MFC,
Thank you for your inquiry.
In the TZTL15F there is the capability for a sounder source selection. This option is found in the sounder menu. So yes, you can switch the source of the sounder to display either the BBDS1 or the internal sounder in the TZTL15F, but not both simultaneously. Its either or. Secondly, be aware you cannot "share" a single transducer to two separate sounder sources at the same time. so you would either need to relocate the transducer plug to whichever source you were currently using (BBDS1 box or to the rear of the TZTL15F), or the better option would be to have two separate individual transducers (one for each sounder source).

Thanks for the reply. Is there any type of box I could buy to have the transducer plug go into then have two separate plugs coming from that which goes to both sounders? Of course I would only turn one sounder on when I needed to use a certain feature.

C-Bass":4szo8g8v said:
Good afternoon MFC,

What is the timeline of your project?

Both the CA50/200-1T and the CA50/200-12m are compatible with the internal sounder on the TZT2 products. It would require a matching box called an MB1100 to interface to the TZT2.

The reason I ask about the timeline, we continually work on software enhancements on our products. The white line feature for the internal TZT2 sounder is currently in development. Depending on when you want to move forward with your project the feature might be available.

Please let us know.

I won’t be using the equipment until the end of april. I have my boat hauled up now for the winter months. When do you think the white line feature will be ready? Also if I installed the tztouch2 now without the white line feature would I be able to download and update the tztouch2 to having the white line feature once it comes out?

Thanks.

Good evening MFC,

We believe the white line feature will be in a future software release sometime this spring. I don't have any exact dates at this time other than a spring release.

Yes if you were to purchase the TZT2 system now,you will be able to update the software when it is available.

Ok thanks C-Bass that is what I wanted to hear. I have another question could I install a Furuno DFF3D Multi-Beam Sonar Black Box paired with a Furuno 3D transducer and have that and the internal tztouch2 sounder on at the same time? Could they both be displayed split screen on the tztouch2?

Back