B117 (520T-BLD) and TZT2

MarMax

Furuno Super Fan
After weeks of testing, checking and troubleshooting my NN3D system (which worked flawlessly for 7 years), I believe the DFF1 is the problem. So I shipped it to the Camas repairs department for diagnosis. The transducer is a B117 and in thinking ahead, just in case there is more going on than just the DFF1, I'd like to know if the B117 and TZT2 work well together.

Specifically, will RezBoost work with the B117? I'd also like to know if there is a range or scale to describe how it works with a B117 as compared to an ideal transducer. The website says the 520T-BLD (which is a B117) "enables" RezBoost but I'd like to know what "enables" means. So if RezBoost is a 10/10 for an ideal transducer, what is it for the B117?

MarMax,

The 520T-BLD is a Bronze 50/200khz Transducer with a 10-Pin Connector, this transducer will allow you to use the TZTouch2’s Fish Finder and utilize RezBoost. Using conventional signal processing techniques, any RezBoost sounder can produce an image that is up to 8 times clearer.

But also keep in mind that the 520T-BLD does NOT support any Bottom Discrimination capabilities. :noway

Hope you find this information helpful.

Deep Blue - :capt

Thanks for the information. I find it interesting that there are differences among the same transducer element that is packaged differently. The B117 (520T-BLD), P66 (525T-PWD), B45 and B744V are all the same in terms of the transducer element. Same exact specs per Airmar.

Can you explain why a P66 (525T-PWD) works with enhanced RezBoost and Bottom Discrimination and a B117 (520T-BLD) does not? Is it not like a speaker/microphone combination that just happens to be installed in a bronze vs. plastic box? How does the FF know the difference between the two when connected?

This is a bit off topic but I've always noticed that my MFD8 has never listed the 520T-BLD in the transducer list. For 600W it lists 525T-BSD, 520-5MSD, 520-5PSD, 525-5PWD, 525ST-MSD, 525ST-PWD, 525T-BSD and 525T-PWD. For this reason I've always selected the 525T-PWD because it's the exact same transducer element per Airmar. And it worked perfectly for 7 years until the DFF1 failed. The MFD is running software V2.13.

Back