Lost transducer pinging

On a 3 month old setup,I lost pinging of my transducers. I'm having them checked next week but wanted to know if that could happen if my Furuno DFF1UHD went bad.

Thanks for any help.

Cultivatedcoral,
Do you mean you have no returns on both frequencies? Also when you say transducers, do you mean you have two separate ones? What transducer(s) do you have?

Snips

No returns on both. I have Airmar B175H and B175L transducers. I get no clicking sound like it normally would when it is pinging and obviously no return.

Thanks for any help.

Snips":x3ssh95r said:
Cultivatedcoral,
Do you mean you have no returns on both frequencies? Also when you say transducers, do you mean you have two separate ones? What transducer(s) do you have?

Snips

Cultivatedcoral,
A couple of things to look for.
Make sure that the stand by light on the UHD module is blinking at a rate of once every two seconds. If it blinking faster the sounder needs to be reprogrammed. If you are using the 175 transducers make sure that the Orange TID wire is not connected. I would also make sure that the power setting is on Auto.

Snips

Thank you snips. I will check those out.

Snips":b7evqrkb said:
Cultivatedcoral,
Make sure that the stand by light on the UHD module is blinking at a rate of once every two seconds. If it blinking faster the sounder needs to be reprogrammed. If you are using the 175 transducers make sure that the Orange TID wire is not connected. I would also make sure that the power setting is on Auto.

Snips

Snips,

I checked the sounder and it is blinking faster than every 2 seconds. How can I reprogram it?

Thanks.

Snips":2ngi4igm said:
Cultivatedcoral,

Snips

Cultivareedcoral,
Up into the transducer setup menu and select the B-265 transducer and exit the menu. While you are still tin the sounder menu unplug the power to the UHD module for ten seconds, then reapply the power. After that check the stand-by LED is slowly blinking.

Snips

Turns out my Airmar B175L frequency transducer bit the dust after 3 months use and 54 hours. Airmar will replace the transducer but not pay for the labor.

Back