Need advice for upgrade

Going to pull the boat out of the water and want to upgrade transducer at this time.

Boat cabo 40

Furuno TZT screens. 2 helm+1 tower
1100L fish-finder helm
CH270 sonar

Transducer
-has an old thru hull transducer that doesn't talk to new screens and needs replacement-can't see fishfinder on TZT screens now

-has a in hull transducer 50/200 kHz placed in 2005. It's near batteries and covered so I've actually never seen it since we bought boat. This is connected to 1100L unit.

Id like to upgrade my transducer but was hoping someone can suggest some good options. I'd like to go with chirp and prob a 2kw transducer

One issue to mention is the tower has a TZT screen too and I'd like to have transducer network to this screen so i can see from up there current transducer doesn't connect to NMEA and other in hull transducer is older and goes directly to 1100L unit

What to do?
-do I take out 1100L and in hull transducer and replace with thru hull transducer that can network to screens?
-any point in upgrading in hull transducer, and getting a 1150 unit? Would it also connect to TZT screens for tower viewing? Does this make any sense to go this route? Any reason to also have 1150 unit?

Any suggestions on how to go about this would great. Trying to get a package that makes sense and remove or replace 1100L depending on thoughts.

Thanks

Personally think going with the FCV1150 is a very good option allowing you to use the sounders in all TZT units. I would suggest you talk a bit more on your type of fishing (depths, fishing the bottom or suspended fish, etc) so suggestions can better address your requirements.

Keep in mind our main focus is offshore tuna fishing. We do partake in occasional bottom fishing but we want a good package for offshore tuna fishing!

I think for trolling for tuna you have the best tool when you have a sonar but I don't think it can interface with ant MFD, Snips could better answer that question. Now regarding chirp the FCV1150 does not chirp but can use chirp transducers, just like the DFF3. For tuna a wide angle is preferable and you have several chirp transducer options which would work with the FCV1150. In this forum Snips is probably your best source of information to help you out with your selection.

Just to update this thread we have chosen to do the following:

Remove the 1100 L unit
remove the old thru hull and inhull transducer
put in a B275 wide beam chirp transducer which will network to our TZT network

Back