2 fish finders, 1 transducer

Hi Snips,
How can I connect the FCV-1150 and a Simrad
NSS 12 EVO 3 CHIRP fishfinder and chartplotter
Combo to a single CM599C LH transducer? The 2 fish
Finders won't be used at the same time.

Also is the CM599C LH transducer, 2 KW for the high freq and
3 KW for the low frequency? I see brochures saying it's 2 KW on
Both high and low frequencys. Don't know what's correct.

Thank you

808double.e,
I would two three pole On/On toggle switches. Some toggles have a center off position so would avoid those. The information I have shows that the 599LH is 3kw on the LF side and 2kw on the HF side.

Snips

Thank you Snips. Is there such a thing as an A-B selector
Box that can do that?

What would be the wiring on the 2 -3 position switchs?
Is there a diagram I can follow?

Thank you

808double.e,
I would check with your electronics dealer to see if they have or can make up an A/B switch. Below is the wiring for one switch that the center contacts are the common ones. Note that the colors are for the HF side, the LF side wiring would be the same except the blue and black wires will have a white stripe.

Snips

Attachments

• wiring.JPG
    wiring.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 2,438
Thank you Snips. Another couple question,

Airmar sent me a transducer wiring diagram for the CM599LH transducer. There are 11 leads in the transduer cable. Do I need to connect all leads the leads to the 1150 and EVO 3? I see your diagram for the switch, so do I need 4ea 3 pole switches to be able to switch all the wires between the 1150 and the EVO 3? Also, does the transducer ID work on the 1150, and will I be able to select CM599LH transducer the menu? Some people say the 1150 does not have the CM599LH in the transducer menu. Also, can I cut about 10 feet off the transducer cable, to remove excess cable?

O. BARE----SHIELD (OVERALL)
BLUE/WHITE----LOW FREQ POSITIVE (DEPTH)
I. BARE----LOW FREQ SHIELD (DEPTH)
BLACK/WHITE----LOW FREQ NEGATIVE (DEPTH)
BLUE----HIGH FREQ POSITIVE (DEPTH)
I. BARE HIGH FREQ SHIELD (DEPTH)
BLACK----HIGH FREQ NEGATIVE (DEPTH)
ORANGE----XID
BROWN----THERMISTOR (TEMP) XID GROUND
I. BARE----SHIELD
WHITE----THERMISTOR (TEMP)

Thank you very much.

Do you what to switch the temperature between the two machines? If so, you will need to switch the Brown and White wires also.

Snips

Thank you Snips.

Will the XID on the FCV 1150 be able to recognize the CM599LH transducer ?

Would I be able to cut off about 10 feet of transducer cable to get rid of unused slack, or is cable length critical?

Thank you for your time.

808double.e,
The FCV-1150 doesn't have a TID function. You will manually need to enter the frequencies you want to use and program it to look for the temp sensor. Yes you can shorten the cable.

Snips

Back