Airmar B744V to DFF1 - Actisense DST-2 in the middle?

A

Anonymous

I would like to bridge, by some means, the signals from my B744V transducer into a Actisense DST-2 on the way to my existing (and operating) DFF-1. Actisense indicates that the input impedance of their device is 15K +- 10%. Is this possible? Has anyone done this successfully?

Thanks for your time.

Dave Geer

I have never heard of this but perhaps another moderator or member has.
What is it you are trying to accomplish? What MFD is your DFF1 currently connected to?

The DFF1 is connected to my Timezero Pro nav package over the network. My problem is that I use a Simrad system on the flybridge and need the depth data integrated up there. I thought by bridging the DST-2 to the transducer I could get the data up via 0183 or translate it to NMEA 2000, leaving the existing signal path intact. Not being an expert in electronics, I am guessing that it depends on proper power buss management and whether or not the DST-2 would load the transducer's signals down to the point they become on usable by the DFF1. Am I correct on this?

If your software is Timezero Professional it has a method to output NMEA0183 via a PC's USB or COMM port. If this is the case you could use the Actisense NGT1-USB to feed the depth data to your MFD. I would ask the question from the Nobeltec folks for confirmation. What I am mentioning here is from their product manual.

Tried that option and confirmed that is not supported from TZ Pro. From my June 5th email to TZ support:

"Hi David,

At this time we are not able to output PGN sentences.

Sincerely,
The TimeZero Support Team"

PGNs are N2K sentences. If you can output NMEA0183 then you can do as rmenendez suggests and use an 0183 to N2K converter. You can use our IF-NMEA2k2.

Alright - prudent advice. I will do some experimenting and report back. Thanks again!

dg

Back