SS 270w, on fcv 588??

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Hi guys, can anybody help, I have new fcv588, and ss270w, today I tried it first time, there is one problem, there is no similar transducer when I tried to select transducer on the unit, and if I chose option 1kw than Accu fish and bottom discrimination is not option and which is important to me. It looks that I get best results if I chose 525Stid pwd, but that is only 600w. What to do in this case? Thanks

Calamaris,
The SS-270 is a nice transducer but just know that no transducers with wide 200Khz beam widths are in the data base for ACCU-FISH or Bottom Discrimination.

That being said you can try setting the sounder for a 526 to see how accurate the AF and BD information is.

Snips

Thanks Snips, I guess I also need to turn off BD if I want better results on AF? Also when I select 526, which is narrow transducer, does then I see full 25° or only 6° of bottom area?

It looks like Accu fish actually not working in any case, even with gain on 9, and Tvg high, I am very disappointed, I had much better results with only fcv 620 and P66,) how is this possible !?
Huge waste of money :((

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back