CA200B 82M

B

Blaster1

Hi guys, I am trying to be able to see grouper tight to the bottom and the composition type. I have the CA 50/200 12M with the DFF3.I've been interested in the CA200B 82M.I know it has a 5.5 degree cone.It as apposed to the 8.5 of the 12M and is 2kw.Is this a step up from the 12M? Do you have any screen shots of the CA200B 82M? Not much info on it out there..What transducer (thru hull)would you recommend for finding bottom fish tight to the bottom? Boat is a 33Worldcat power catamaran (30mph) thanks Mike

Capt. Mike,
There really aren't a lot of tricks to seeing fish tight to the bottom. The variables are pulse length and beam width.

Snips

Is the 82M better?I'm going to try short 1..what do I want my beam width at? THANKS

I'm going to try short 1 and wide with the RX band.What would I want my High frequency band width set at? In the manual it says from 10 to 100 where would I start when fishing 80-120 ft of water? Thanks

Capt. Mike,
The Band Width in the transducer set up menu is how much you will be able to change the frequency. You can try adjusting the RX Band but I don't think that will help much for fish tight to the bottom. In the grand scheme of things the 82M is a better transducer than the 12M.

Steve

I've had many 1k systems.Want a 2k system, now that I have a DFF3.How does the the 82M @200kh compare against the go to B260 @ 200kh? Thanks

Capt. Mike,
Hard to say, never tested them side by side. If I had to guess, I would say that the target returns would be smaller and harder than the 12M.

Snips

Snips,Hate to keep bothering you guys.I know your busy.Trying to get the best performance possible for bottom fishing.I have the TZT2 with internal sounder and a DFF3.I've had two different chirp systems with the B265.I'm not in love with chirp.I don't care about a arch or a blob.I'm a tone pulse guy.I don't have many options for a 33Worldcat Tournament power catamaran (35 mpr)My current 12M transducer was custom installed in a B260 faring,on your advice.It works perfect at speed.If I could install a 509 on my boat I would.I would just run 200kw fixed. Airmar said it's to big?I have room for a R199 in hull,which they don't make anymore.I've herd good thing about them.My boat is solid glass.I had a M265 and it worked pretty good.I know you guys hate inhull.The inhull R111,the tank is bigger than the old R199.I would have to modify stringers,and it might come to that.That is why I've been asking about the 82M.It's 2kw,5.5 degree cone,it's thru hull and I can custom mount it in a B260 faring.I want ultimate performance in tone pulse.Any suggestions?What would you buy at any price for bottom fish.Tired of installing transducers.Buy the best and be done? Thanks for everything.Capt.Mike

Capt. Mike,
Can you send me a few screen shots of what you are seeing?

Just know that the HF side of a 509/599 transducer is 2kw and has a single element.

Snips

Quick question?I've seen Furuno screen shots with the bottom lock shifted on the left hand side of a split screen.On My Dff3 I have it set at 15ft but the bottom return is on the bottom of the screen. How do I get the bottom lock in the middle of the screen,so I can see under the bottom return for composition?Thanks...I will get you screen shots mid week..Capt.Mike

Capt. Mike,
Switch the Zoom Mode from Bottom Lock to Bottom Zoom.

Snips

Back