ETR-6-10 cmap

A

Anonymous

Hi,
I'm trying to find out more about my sounder on my NavNet system. It is a ETR-6/10 cmap and I'm trying to find out whether it's a 600W or 1Kw transducer, how will i find that out. Also wanting to find out the deepest you are able to read bait and bottom at, wanting to fish around the 900m mark but need to find out if I can do so with the unit I have before I go fishing out deep.

Cheers

Wingman,
Even if the ETR is set up for 1kw you will be pushing the performance limits at 900m. Do you have a picture of the transducer?

Snips

Thanks Snips

No I don't unfortunately, my boat is 51ft and the transducer is fitted in to my keel. I'm hoping to upgrade to the ETR-30 if it's not too much hassle. As long as I have the module box for the 1Kw system if the transducer is big enough I should be able to swap and run a 2kw system or will I need to swap transducer as well as the transceiver?

Wingman,
Just know that the transducers for the ETR-6 are not compatible with the ETR-30/DFF3. Have you checked to see if the transducer still has the white information label on the cable?

Snips

Back