Rezboost and B260 airmar

G

gtrfred

I have a B260 airmar transducer that originally came set up for a garmin. I would like to switch over to a 588 furuno unit.

I believe the ducer has the mix and match cable that would allow me to switch out the end to a furuno compatible 10 pin plug. Worst case, I have heard that the plug can be cut and spliced to a 10 pin unit.

Will the rezboost on the 588 unit work with an older B260 ducer with a spliced cable?

I know the ducer is on the approved list, but just want to confirm that a spliced plug or older ducer isnt missing something needed for rezboost.

I would hate to go through the install and splicing and then have the rezboost not work.

Thanks

Fred

Fred,

You will need to cut off the Garmin connector and wire on the Furuno Pigtail which is cable/connector Furuno part# AIR-033-333.

You can spice it on color for color, and it will work great with the Rezboost capability for the FCV588, including Accufish/Bottom Discrimination. No matching box will be required.

Airmar used to keep the wires independent and then for Garmin tie the grounds together at the connector. The "tie" would be cut off when you remove the Garmin connector.

It looks like they have changed the wiring a bit over the years, so I would recommend the following:

10Pin ----- Transducer
WHITE ---- WHITE
BLUE ----- BLUE
BLACK --- BLACK
BROWN --- Bare shields

Do not connect the orange wire from the transducer at all. :noway

In the settings on FCV588, select the model number 526TID-HDD as your transducer, and then you should be good to go..! ;)

- Deep Blue ;)

Deep - thanks for the reply. Now for a somewhat stupid question - what is the best/cleanest way to join the new wires? Its a bunch of wires with extremely small gauge. When others do this, are they using the pink size butt connectors? or a terminal block for extra small wire? or some other type of junction box?

An Airmar D00342H Inline Cable Splice is the best, cleanest bet for this.

Deep Blue,

I am finally getting around to doing this. (I wont give the list of excuses why it has taken so long). I tried to connect the ducer and ran into a problem. My ducer has the following wires:

Brown, red, white, green orange, bare, a wire rapped in tinfoil.

The plug has brown, red, white, green, orange, black and 2 bare wires.

I am not seeing another blue wire from the transducer to hook up to the plug. What should I be doing here?

I figured out that the black wire and the blue wire were wrapped in the foil. Once i figured that out, i have the ducer showing depth.

Only problem is trying the get the temperature to display. I found others who had this problem
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3232

but it doesnt look like a resolution was found. I will try some other configurations and report back.

Back