FCV295

GWB

Furuno Fan
I have a customer who would like to use a FCV295 on his 22' boat. He would like a transom mount transducer and will use it in mostly 300' water. He is looking for bottom hardness discrimination and of course the ability to see fish. Any recommendations for this? Thanks

He could use our TM275LH-W transducer with the FCV295. But the 295 does not offer bottom discrimination. I would recommend the FCV588 with the appropriate BD transducer.

Thanks Melville. The FCV295 with TM275LH-W should show tails for bottom hardness though, correct?

I guess I'm a little confused. The TM275LH-W is a wide beam chirp transducer, but the FCV295 does not have chirp unless I'm mistaken. Will this transducer show tails for bottom hardness and still give decent fishfinding performance....is it a compromise on both bottom hardness discrimination and fish finding ability
Thanks for your help

The only Transom mount that is not a diplex unit is that CHIRP. The 295 is not CHIRP, but will operate that transducer and allow you to fine tune the frequency.
If he insists on transom mount and an FCV295 I do not believe there is much choice.

GWB,
Please let me add a couple of thoughts here. The 275 is a very low "Q" transducer and as such doesn't show bottom tails very well. One thought would be to use a CA50/200-1T and make a transom bracket for it.

Snips

Back