B 54 installation

anthony

View attachment 1Hi all

Recently I have purchased sonar DFF3D and transducer B54.
My boat is semi-displacement hull and I would like to ask for advice where would be best position to mount transducer.
In the installation instruction there is no specific recommendation for semi-displacement hulls.
I am wondering can I go more than 300mm from keel in order to get better angle coverage of transducer. Also the if i install it 300mm from keel i deadrise angle will be more than 24 degrees.

I will attach some photo of my boats hull. The boat cruise speed is about 12 knots.

That is one very "Deep V" boat.
Ideally you would want to be right on that keel about 70% back from the bow. You really can't use the faring block on the side because that sounder has a large 120 degree beam (60 each side). You don't want to block part of you signal into the boat hull. If you can't get it fibered directly into the bottom of the keel, you might consider building out off the side of keel with a custom install. Going to all the trouble you might even put a second type of transducer into the custom fiberglass build out. The face of that transducer would basically be flat with the keel. You can't go too far forward because of the hull rise and bow thruster. You can't go too far stern because of the engine turbulence.
Capture.JPG

Hi Johnny....thank you for help

I was planning to install it on the side , more up , so i can get better angle.
If i could get about 45-50 degree minimum i would still be happy.
(see photos)

With the water bubbles running down and up the hull; I think that location might be a problem with turbulence. I would be curious to see what SNIPS thinks.

Hi Guys

Next week i should install my new transducer.

My plan is to install it on the marked place like on the above photos as this would be the most simplier way of installation.(without any modifications on the hull)

Do you think this is acceptable place for installation? ( I am aware i will not have full 60 degrees coverage because of keel).

Thank you for help

Anthony,
It doesn't look like you have many options available to you so I would advise giving that location a try.

Snips

Back