CAB200 M

B

Blaster1

I have a TZT 2 using the internal sounder with the CA 50/200 12 M.Were looking for fish and structure tight to the bottom up to 200ft.With my current set up I sometimes will not mark fish on my known waypoints.If I sit on top for a few minutes I will start seeing them,but not at first.I know my transducer is perfect custom mounted in a b260 faring.It reads perfect at 30mph.Was thinking of either trying a dff3 with my 50/200 12M ,or a dff3 with a cab200m..which would be a 2kw system.I only use 200kh anyway.Do they make a faring or suggestions on custom faring? Will the dff3 at 1kw work better..than the internal tzt? Thoughts? THANKS SNIPS.Capt.Mike

Capt. Mike,
Do you mean the CA200B-82M, the 2kw bronze transducer? It has a 5.4 degree beam vs the 8.5 degree of the 200Khz side of the 12M. We do not have a pre-made fairing for it but you could use the B-260 fairing as the 82M is the same width as the 12M but not as long. You also can try using the DFF3 with the 12M as it has a few more settings you have access to.

Snips

Thank you..Might try the dff3 with the 12M first. How would I install the dff3? I guess I would eliminate the MB1100 matching box? What would be my connections in the dff3 for the 12M?THANKS AGAIN..Capt.Mike.

Capt. Mike,
You are correct, the MB-1100 is not used with the DFF3.

Snips

Snips,What features would I gain with the Dff3 at 1kw,as apposed to the internal TZT sounder. Thanks Mike

Capt. Mike,
Before we take a look at the DFF3 I would like to ask a few questions. Yes it is nice that you have good performance running at speed. I am curious that the TZT seems to have better performance after you idle for a few minutes. Just know that the sounder in the TZT really doesn't how fast you are going, unless you have the TX Rate on Auto. Since none of the sounder settings change, what is going on? Next time out I would like you to do a experiment for me. Use both frequencies and send me two screen shots. The first is right after you arrive at your fishing spot and second is when you start to see fish targets on 200Khz.

Snips

Snips, I'm getting a loner DFF3 from a friend.I'm going to install it tomorrow when I receive it.How do I wire to the Dff3?Do I need to switch it to 1kw.I have a red,green,blue,black and white and black from my 12 M. I do realize I have to go to sonar source in settings and switch to DFF3. I guess I will have to choose my transducer.Will the 12M be listed,or pick 50/200 1kw?? This will be good thing trying the DFF3,because I want to go to a 2kw system eventually.Thank you.Capt.Mike

Capt. Mike,
The HF side of the 12M uses the Blue/Green wires and the LH uses the Red/Black. The Tap setting is "B" for LF and "C" for the HF side.

Snips

Snips, Got the wiring figured. The other wire was the shield. Ha,ha,.. Went out today,in only 30ft.Worked very nice.Two questions, I want to pick 50/200 1T in transducer selection correct??.I have the 12M.You had stated I would have a few more features with the DFF3 over the built in sounder of the TZT2.What would they be? Going 50 miles offshore soon to try it for real.thanks Capt.Mike

Capt. Mike,
You can tweak each frequency when using a DFF3. Also you can change (slew) frequencies and change the pulse length.

Snips

Snips,Had a trip Today.Spent plenty of time trying to get a picture Im comfortable with.Can you give me a little setting help?I'm in 70 to 150ft.Bottom fishing.Where do I want my pulse length? It was set standard? What about stc htc? THANKS Mike

Capt. Mike,
As you probably can appreciate it is very hard to offer setting changes without seeing your display. However STC only affects the top part of the water column. Using a shorter Pulse Length helps to separate targets depth wise.

Snips

Snips,Got the Dff3 connected to the CA 50-20012M..I've used it for a few trips with good results.I have a B175H transducer already installed on my other sponsen.I'm curious to see how it would preform.I see in the tap settings chart,I would set the high to A..Its only a high transducer.The 175 was a Raymarine transducer.I cut the plug off and have White,brown,blue,purple,black and white,blue and white,orange and 3 shields.What colors go where on the high side wago connector?I assume all the shields ground to the case.Would I choose manual in the transducer settings set up? Would I choose 130 to 210kh? I would like to try 160kh and 200 kh?? Thanks for all your help.Mike

Capt. Mike,
The Blue and Black should be the transducer wire and there should also be a shield wire.

Snips

Back