Furuno waasp system

A

Anonymous

Hello,
Im a commercial reef fisherman(yellowtail snapper, grouper, red snapper etc.) I am seriously considering changing my equipment out for the WAASP system. I want to know what does a complete WAASP system cost and what kind of guarantee would i get living outside USA.

Snips,

I live on one of the Bay Islands of Honduras.

DeepDropHND,
The list price for a WASSP Gen-3 DRX is $10,270.00 and a 160Khz transducer with 10m of cable is $7220.00. A stuffing tube is $695. You can use an SC-30 Satellite compass for stabilization. An SC-30 antenna, 30m cable and IF-NMEASC is around $3400 list price. A Navionics chart is around $250.00. You will need to supply a computer but we can supply the specs for that. The WASSP and SC-30 has a two years warranty.

Do you have a Furuno agent you are working with? In not, try contacting Osvaldo Flores of Furuno Panama, his email is oflores@furuno.com.pa.

If you should have any additional questions please let me know.

Snips

Snips,

What about the DFF3D system?
Would this be a similar (good enough) set up that would do what i need for my style of fishing? I mean if im going to get the same 3d scan of the bottom and save a TON of money then by all means give me the cheaper system.
Thank you

DeepDropHND,
Comparing the DFF-3D to WASSP is like comparing apples to oranges. The main difference is that the DFF-3D has a limited history of displaying bottom/fish data.

Snips

Levi,
We should be sea trialing the F-3/Olex interface in the next three weeks.

Snips

Snips,

After interfacing the SC30 with the WASSP with success, we lost the heading in our autopilot (Furuno 711c). Any ideas?

Levi,
If you are using an SC-30 you are also using the IFNMEA-SC interface. This interface has two output ports so I am assuming you used one for the WASSP and the other for the 711C. First thing is to make sure you didn't reprogram the port that is feeding the pilot. If you want you can switch ports on the SC interface and you can use WASSP's serial transfer task to view the data.

Snips

Levi Curtis,
The interface between the two is working quite nicely.

Snips

Levi Curtis,
We are putting together a sales bulletin about the G-3 Olex license.

Snips

Thanks for the info!! We're still not getting the heading from the sc30 in the autopilot. Tested the two ports on the IF-NMEA SC, they both work. Checked the data converters (IF-NMEA2K2) and both are working. Port settings OK. Everything good on the F3. Still waiting on fix from Furuno USA. Going to Fish Canada Workboat 2018 this weekend, Technicians will hopefully have a solution. Maybe software issue?

Hi Snips,

Same problem, different time of year!! Lost heading from sc-30 after changing my rudder feedback unit!! SC30 is connected to a IF-NMEA-SC, port 3 is connected to the WASSP and working perfectly ( sentence 7/baud rate 38400/100m/s). Port 2 is connected to the backbone via IFNMEA2K2...a GP33, TZT9,FAP 711, drsd4, Olex and DST 200 are connected on the network. Incoming can bus data on the autopilot are 059904,126992,127258,128259,128267,129026,129029,129033,130311...but no heading (127250). Very confusing...

Levi,
The WASSP input should be sentence 7, 38400 at 25ms not 100ms. Also what output sentence are you using to feed to IFNMEA2K2?

Snips

Back