Airmar b175H

B

Blaster1

Can I use a B175H with DFF1UHD? I have a one installed that I do not use anymore.It has a 3ft cable with a plug on the end.It was previously used with a Raymarine Chirp sounder.Can I buy a new cable from Furuno and run it from the b175H to a DFF1UHD. If so what cable is needed? Thanks Mike

Capt Mike,
Yes you could wire the 175H to the UHD. The UHD transducer uses a WAGO connector so no plug will be needed. The 175H will not appear in the list of transducers so program your MFD to use a B-265 transducer.

Snips

Snips,Thanks..When I cut the end of of the B175H cable,what would be my wiring diagram to hook to a DFF1UHD. Thanks again.Capt.Mike

Capt. Mike,
The transducer should be a blue and black pair with a shield wire. The blue will go to pin 1, shield to pin 3 and the black to pin 4 of the eight pin WAGO connector.

Snips

Snips,When I hook the B175H to the DFF1UHD what channels will I have? I know I will have high Chirp.Can I get specific frequencies in the band? 130kh or 160kh.Thanks Mike

Capt. Mike,
You will only have the HF channel (200Khz). You should program the UHD to use the B-265. If you try to use both channels you will see "something" on the LF side but you also will risk damaging the UHD.

Snips

Back