FCV 585 issues

A

Anonymous

hello

i have a problem with my furuno fcv585

first off i cannot adjust the brightness of the screen it looks like it just stays on the lowest setting , it can move the setting to the highest 9 but the screen does not change and it very dim and i can hardly see anything at all.
do you know what the problem can be or what to do?

the other thing is after like a minute or so the unit shuts down and i have to keep powering it back on to stay on. only stays on for about 1 min or so. i think my batteries is ok, as i have the motor on running and have it connected with both battery selected so it should have enough power

any ides what the problem can be?

thanks

Kingpin123,
If you are sure that the input power is OK you will probably need to send it in so we can take a look at it.

Snips

hi

ok i sent in my unit about 1 week ago to get you guys to check it out, do you all have a email contact to get the status on it?
thanks

Thank you for the link

Have another question. Can the tm260 1kw transducer work with a furuno 588 that has rezboost?
Just so you know I have a older tm260 that does not have the Rezboost. So was just wondering

any info on above question?
and also is the Furuno Navnet 3D MFD8 any better than the fcv585 ?

and can the MFD8 use the tm260 trnasducer?

mostly going fish from 400 feet to 1200 feet deep dropping

Can the tm260 1kw transducer work with a furuno 588 that has rezboost?

The transducer will defiantly work. It isn't one of the transducer rated for the enhanced rezboost feature but it will work with the sounder.

is the Furuno Navnet 3D MFD8 any better than the fcv585 ?

The MFD8 is not a sounder and not comparable. You would need to provide the model of the black box unit if the MFD8 is connected to one; to do a comparison.

can the MFD8 use the tm260 transducer?

No, the MFD8 has no sounder built in.

Tomcat-
Since this is an old thread with a number of points discussed could you be a bit more specific on what your problem or issue you are experiencing with the FCV585?

Hi Melville,
I can turn on my 585, but it turns off after 30 sec.

Thanks.

Have you tried another power source? You should also check for corrosion on the connector.
If it is an internal issue it will have to come to our service center or a local dealer.

Plase Im from Brasil and My furuno FCV 585 that have a pair ( 50 and 200 kw ) of airman SS 260 transducer yesterday had problems. The serial number of my FCV 585 is 8061-1252.

First , i cannot adjust the brightness of the screen i, t looks like it just stays on the lowest setting , it can move the setting to the highest 9 but the screen does not change and it very dim and i can hardly see anything at all.

The other thing is after like a minute or so the unit shuts down and i have to keep powering it back on to stay on. only stays on for about 1 min or so. My boat batteries are new and ok, and as i have the motor on running and have it connected with both battery selected so it should have enough power

Please , do you have any ides what the problem can be?

thanks

Marcio Cardim Carvalho

Maricocarvalho,
Sounds like the display's back light inverter circuit has failed. Unfortunately you will need to take the 585 into a servicing dealer for repair.

Snips

hello guys please i need your help
i have a fcv 585 with a tm270w transducer
when using the dual frequency 50/200 the 50 khz art doesnt read the bottom sometimes while the 200 does!
the 50 starts to show white gaps or doesnt show the bottom the starts working again although im stationary
im gonna attach 2 photos for you to check out

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 2,086
Foudy15,
Gaps on the 50Khz side normally is an indication of turbulence. However I see that you have the a gain setting of 10 in 75m. This is a extremely high setting for that depth of water. The first thing I would do would be to do a factory reset (default settings) in the menu to see if that helps.

Snips

Ok will try that snips thank you
Do you think painting the transducer with a product might have caused this?

Foundy15,
I suppose it is possible.
However I can't recall ever seeing a case where painting the face of the transducer has caused this.
Do you know what type of paint was used?

Snips

Back