FCV 295 temperature

S

spork87

I have recently installed a new 295. I seem to be having some issues with the temperature reading being really unstable to what i was used to with my 585 and also compared to a mates 295. I was told that it is due to a software update and the sounder now takes a temperature reading a lot more often. Has anyone else noticed this with a unit in the past? Mine seems to jump around around up to a full degree at times.

No such software update. If the temp is jumping a lot you might have a bad temp sensor or some noise feeding into your temp cable. I would recommend using an ohm meter and check the temp resistance value with it disconnected from the sounder. If it is jumping around on your meter; this would explain why it jumps around on the sounder. The resistance of the temp sensor is how the sounder displays temp.

Hi Guys,
So I have tested the sounder with a 10k ohm resistor wired to the temp cable and the temperature on the sounder gums around constantly. I have also tested the resistance on the temp sensor of the transducer on a number of occasions now and each time the resistance has been stable.
Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this as having a reliable temp reading is quiet important for type of fishing?

Spork87,
I am curious how you connected a 10K resistor while using a temp cable? Did you parallel the resistor across the existing temp sensor? Was the resistor soldered to the wiring? If you had just the resistor only that was soldered to the wires and the temperature was still bouncing around you will in the send the sounder in so we can take a look at it.

Snips

HI Snips,
I soldered the resistor to a spare temp cable. I would love to be able to send it to you to have a look but unfortunately I'm located in Australia. I decided to post on here to see if anyone had seen the same issue as the guys over here haven't been able to help me with the issue to date other than telling me that it is an issue with the 1.09 software... So I'm just trying to work out if there was anything else that could be causing it?

Hi Snips,
Would you have any ideas what could be causing this any ideas of ways i could fix it?
cheers

Spork87,
There is only two pieces to this puzzle, transducer or sounder. By your testing it sounds like you have ruled out the transducer. The next thing would be to take the sounder to a dealer to have them bench test it.

Snips

Back