Fcv295 settings advice

Hi guys. Hoping I could please get some advice about tvg settings for the fcv295.

I'm fishing in new zeland. We fish for swords in 900-1,000m. I'm needing to pick up bait and swords in around the 500-800m range down where the hang out during the day up off the bottom. So playing around with gain, and tvg. Just trying to fine tune tvg when fishing in this situation..... how does the tvg distance work on the 295? If I put the tvg distance to say 300m (not interested in seeing what's in the top 300m in this situation).....does this mean that the tvg setting will be at 100% FROM 300m right down to the bottom (900-1000m)? Thanks alot for any help.

Chewbucca17,

You can always experiment with the FCV295 TVG settings, but remember there are two metrics to adjust, the TVG level and the distance. With the FCV295 and TVG levels, less is going to be more.

Meaning the lower the value of the TVG level setting the more stuff you will see on the screen. If you want to maximize the gain closer to the bottom you can start of setting the TVG distance settings to the depth of the bottom at your location. Adjusting the level settings will then show you how much stuff you want to see on the screen.

If you are fishing for targets that have a very small vertical separation you can also play with the pulse length. The longer the pulse the deeper penetration but the less clarity you will have for targets that are tightly stacked. You can experiment with a short 1 or short 2 pulse length to help define these stacked targets. There will be point when the pulse length may need to be longer for your deeper depths.

If you have the gain adjusted properly and you start to see an undesirable amount of clutter you can you the clutter control feature to help suppress weaker targets.

Hope this helps,

- Deep Blue

Back