Ch270 settings

What is the best settings for the Ch270 sonar? I think I have 181.

Currently I have
Tvg 4
Distance 660

I also struggle with what tilt angle and distance I should be looking at.

I mostly go for tuna offshore usually found in 50-150 ft of water vs island yellowtail in 30-80 ft of water

Do you have any recs on what tilt and distance I should be around?

Anymore tips or info would be greatly appreciated.

Calploygeno,
Sorry I don't have any settings that I could recommend that will work in all sea conditions. The key here is that the sea conditions will dictate how well a sonar will work on any given day. Just like a radar picks up more sea clutter when the waves come up so will the CH-270. Actually a sonar is more susceptible to sea clutter because the sound dome is closer to the surface of the water. So the shallower the tilt angle the more clutter you will see. Also just know that a sonar can't see though the trough of a wave. The deeper a sound dome is the cleaner water it has to work in. Tilt equals range, so the less tilt you use the more range you will have for that given day. Learn to keep your gain up and learn to suppress clutter using the TVG controls. Practice learning how the TVG controls can affect the sonar targets at the dock. Learning at the dock will help you when you are actually out fishing.

Snips

Sorry about the bad link. Please go to www.furunousa.com and choose a sonar product. Under manuals and documents you should find our Sonar Tips Book.

That is what I was trying to send.

Back