transducer recommendations for 295

R

Ruffasgutz

I am getting a new boat 7.5 metre power alloy catamaran built. I am thinking of fitting a furuno 295 as the sounder. Wanting advice on the appropriate transducers. The boat builder can build a fairing pod as detailed in the piccy below (not sure if they will show up)

1/3 of our fishing is deep bottom bashing 200-600 metres
1/3 is trolling & livebaiting for gamefish
1/3 is shallow water inshore fishing 10-70 metres for inshore sea fish and trout on the lakes.

Keen on some advice on what you think will best suit our requirements. I am contemplating a TM 275 LH-W but not sure if this is the best bet or not or if I would be better of with both a 1 khz (shallow water) and a 2 khz transducer (deep water).

Looking forward to your feedback

Thanks

Ruffasgutz,

You have asked some great questions, However we will need a little more detailed information to properly answer this inquiry about what transducers you need:

A. Is this boat going to be trailered..?

B. Would it be possible to supply any pictures of this boat..?

C. If a pod (used to mount the transducer) is going to be utilized, what is the location on the boat that this pod going to be constructed on the pontoons..?

D. Where in the world is this boat going to used..?

Deep Blue - :think

Thanks for your quick response Deep Blue Sea

I have pictures of vessel and transducer fairing/pod. How do I post these pictures in my response? I tried to copy & paste and tried using the Img icon above without any joy

The boat will be trailered

Location of boat use is Bay of Plenty, New Zealand (a little island to the south of Australia)

The tranducer fairing/pod is on the transom of the starboard pontoon on the outside. If someone can advise on how to post pictures I can post up pictures that provide good detail of the fairing/pod and its location.

Ruffasgutz,

Thanks again for sharing your video. Love the placement of both the transducers and the speed/temp sensor.

Would love to see some videos of fishing echoes on the FCV295, along with the species that you are catching.

-Deep Blue Sea :jump

Back