FCV 588

A

Anonymous

Good day, I run a small commercial fishing boat and just purchased a FCV 588 fishfinder. I still dont have a tranducer for it yet cause i want to know whats the best transducer i can get.
I fish deep water up to 1200 ft for queens and grouper and also fish shallower waters for yellowtail snapper. is there one ducer that can handle both jobs or what would be the best for what i need.

HND,
What size of vessel do you have? Did the vessel have an sounder on it previously and if so how was it mounted? Also are you interested in using the FCV-588's Bottom Discrimination feature.

Snips

Snips,

Its a 29x9 ft slow hull boat.
I had transom mount transducer before this one.
If possible i would like a transducer that will use all benefits of the fishfinder Rezboost bottom discrimination and what ever else it has to offer. I just want the best ducer possible for the job.

HND,
1200ft is past the max range of the FCV-588's Bottom Discrimination Mode. The best all around transducer is not a transom mount. Are you OK with fitting a through hull transducer that uses a fairing block?

Snips

Yea snips i was looking at the airmar transducers also. I just want the best ducer i can get. I want a clear image for deep dropping and for shallow fishing also.

HND,
I have two thoughts for you to consider. The easiest would be the 526TID-HDD which is Airmar's B-260. If you want the best (in my opinion) transducer for the Bottom Discrimination Mode that would be the CA50/200-12M. Now the 12M doesn't come with a fairing but you can use a fairing for a B-260 that has been slightly modified. Also the 12M would require the use of a MB-1100 matching box.

Snisp

Back