Backup Transducer

syrupdawg

Currently I am without a bottom machine because I had to send my DFF3 in for service so I was wondering what backup transducer would be best for me to hook up straight to my TZT2-12? I can take my ST02MSB out and just put a thru hull transducer. I would rather have a 1000W transducer and not a 600. It would need to work good in 60' to 300' would probably be okay since it will just be a backup.

Would a 526TID-LTD/20 work good? I need the tilted element. Will it hook straight up to the TZT2 sounder plug?

Can I set the preferred depth sensor to either the dff3 or the tzt2 and the transducers not interfere with each other since both can run in the same frequency?

syrupdawg":1un6vrfi said:
Currently I am without a bottom machine because I had to send my DFF3 in for service so I was wondering what backup transducer would be best for me to hook up straight to my TZT2-12? I can take my ST02MSB out and just put a thru hull transducer. I would rather have a 1000W transducer and not a 600. It would need to work good in 60' to 300' would probably be okay since it will just be a backup.

Would a 526TID-LTD/20 work good? I need the tilted element. Will it hook straight up to the TZT2 sounder plug?

Can I set the preferred depth sensor to either the dff3 or the tzt2 and the transducers not interfere with each other since both can run in the same frequency?

Syrupdawg,

You can use the 526TID-LTD/20 that is a Tilted Element thru-hull flush mounted transducer, for vessel hulls with a deadrise angle of between 16° and 24°. It's a bronze transducer that is a 1kW, 50/200 Khz (with Temperature) and features a 10-Pin Connector that will work with your TZTouch2 unit. However, its a much larger transducer that requires you to cut a much larger hole during installation.

I would consider the 525T-LTD/20 which is the same size diameter as the ST-02MSB, and is right for hulls that also have deadrise angle of between 16° and 24°. It’s also a bronze transducer that features 600 Watts, 50/200 kHz (with Temperature) and has a 10-Pin Connector. And in my opinion would be a much better back-up for the TZTouch2.

GEMECO also makes this same transducer with a "0" degree angle if this is required.

In regards to Echo Sounder interference. Yes, depending on what transducers that you have currently installed with your DFF3, it can interfere if it's the same frequency. However, the TZTouch2 it gives you the ability to select what you want as your primary echo sounder, either the DFF3 or the TZTouch2's Internal Sounder/Transducer.

I hope you will find this information helpful.

Deep Blue - :)

Back