Settings and wiring GP32 and FCV585

Sea-r-cy

I've connected GP32 blue wire to 585 green wire and GP32 white wire to 585 yellow wire. The 585 displayed the lat/lon sitting in my driveway, however they aren't "talking" to each other now. Not sure if I have a wire problem or a setting problem.

I need to make sure the gps settings and the 585 settings are correct. What should they both be set on? Thanks!

Sea-r-cy,

You can utilize the Port Monitor in the FCV585 to see if NMEA information is properly coming into the FCV585.

To get to the NMEA Port Monitor:

1. Press the MENU/ESC key to open the menu.

2. Use up or down arrows to choose NMEA under System menu and then press the ENTER key.

The FCV585's Port Monitor provides information for the data sentences input to the 12-24 VDC/NMEA port.

Press the ENTER key to display the latest data sentence information. To display this information on the Port 2 screen when two sensors are connected, set NMEA Port on the NMEA menu to In/In.

If no data is present, re-check your connections, or you may have a blown NMEA Port on the GP32. If that is the case, then you might need to call tech support in Camas, WA

Deep Blue.

Back