Problems with FCV587 & AIRMAR 525TID-BHD

A

Anonymous

Hi, I am a new member from Spain (EU).

I recently I changed my transducer for my FCV - 587: I mounted a 1kw Airmar B258 transducer. It cannot read from 150m or deeper. Do I need the mb1100 matching box?

:sorry :sorry

At the very begining I mounted a Furuno Bronze Thru-Hull Transducer, 600w 20-5MSD and it worked fine till 200 mts aprox.

I changed for worse... because I found I lost the features of fish accuracy and bottom discrimination with the new one (1kw).

:roll: :roll:
Thanks in advance :capt :capt

Egeavillalba,
When using the 52TID-BHD you do not need the MB-1100 matching box. I would do a Restore the Default Settings in the menu and then set the TX power for 100% with a TX Rate at 10 to see if you see better results.

Snips

Snips, Thank you.

It worked now with HF reached 200 m. and with LF reached 380 m.

Just with the reset to default settings.

Thanks again.

Egeavillalba,
Thanks for the update, glad to hear it is working better for you.

Snips

Hi Snips,

I am a new member in the forum and I am from Brazil. I have problems similar to those of Egeavillalba.
Can you help me?
I have a FCV587 with 525T-BHD (B258). I can not read speed, water temperature and type of background.
The technician who made the installation requested a MB1100 Box. I bought it and it was installed. Did you inform the Egeavillalba, that the configuration FCV587 with 525T-BHD, does not require MB1100? Is this correct?
Hope you can help me.

Sorry for my bad English.

Best regards,

Billy

Dear Snips

Complementing, help me with selecting the transducer model in FCV587, considering that the 525T-BHD (B258) is not available in the list. i should opt for the 526T-HDD or 1K? I sent pics of part of the instalation.

Thanks for your help.

Billy Drigla

Attachments

• IMG-20160629-WA0021.jpg
    IMG-20160629-WA0021.jpg
    547.6 KB · Views: 2,155
  • IMG-20160629-WA0030.jpg
    IMG-20160629-WA0030.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 2,154
  • IMG-20160627-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20160627-WA0007.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 2,155
Billydrigla,
The 525TID-BHD doesn't require the MB-1100 when connected to the FCV-587. The 525TID-BHD already comes with a 10-pin plug that would connect directly to the FCV-587. If your installer used the MB-1100 the wiring is probably not connected for the Temp sensor. The 525TID-HDD doesn't have a paddle wheel so you won't have speed indication.

I hope this information helps.

Snips

Dear Snips,

Thanks for your help, but I still have questions.
I know the 525T-BHD can not show speed. I'm only having problems with the temperature and type of bottom surface.
I'm going to remove the MB1100 and test it. Do you think I should go back to the factory setting?
I noted in the list to choose the FCV587 transducer, that there is no option for the 525T-BHD. Which one should I select? The 526T-HDD ??
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-11-13-04-53-57.png
    Screenshot_2016-11-13-04-53-57.png
    724.4 KB · Views: 2,143
Billydrigla,
The 525TID-BHD is not in the FCV-587 data base for bottom classification. You can try setting the 587 for the 526 transducer but I don't know how accurate it will be. The main reason is that the beam width of those two transducers are different. When you go into the transducer menu you are basically programming the 587 with the beam width characteristics of the transducer you are using.

One other thing I noticed from the pictures you sent was that the face of the transducer was higher than the bottom of the hulls "V". Your hull has a very sharp dead rise so I am curious if your are seeing a turbulence problem at higher speeds?

Snips

Dear Snips

Sad news this that the 525 not enables type of background for FVC587. I used the reference of Furuno( see photo of the table) that informs and attests the compatibility of the 587 with the transducer 525.
I will remove the MB1100, to set the 526 in the hope that I have read the type of background and water temperature.
About your question, the installation of transducer was taken in the Shipyard that manufactured the boat.
I think you can have reason, for in navigation moderate speed for high, I lose the reading deep.
It would be that the turbulence generated by transducer be below the line of point" v" Hull?
It would be advisable to reinstall, for that it is above the level of the line" v", so that the high performance fairing block stay less apparent?

Best regards

Billy

Attachments

• 2016-11-20 04.52.27.jpg
    2016-11-20 04.52.27.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 2,374
  • Screenshot_2016-11-13-22-42-49.png
    Screenshot_2016-11-13-22-42-49.png
    857.9 KB · Views: 2,374
Billydrigla,
The FCV-588 can use many more transducers for normal fish detection than Bottom Discrimination. We try to help avoid confusion by listing them in two separate categories on our product page.

Snips

Attachments

• FCV-588.JPG
    FCV-588.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 2,372
I'm not accusing Furuno, I just informed you that I used a reference from her to set up my probe and transducer package.
The mistake was mine because I should have bought a 526. About the question you raised about the high performance being below the V-line of my boat, could that be the reason I lost track of the depth at moderate / high speed?
It is similar to stern transducers where bubbles impede reading. In your opinion should I reinstall and imbute the transducer / high performance more, so that it is above the V line?
I sincerely apologize if I expressed myself wrongly.
You helped me a lot.

Thank you.

Billydrigla,
What I can see happening is at higher speeds the water is getting redirected and pinched between the fairing block and the deepest part of the hull "V". This turbulent water needs to go somewhere so is forced to flow over the highest object which happen to be the face of the transducer.

Snips

Dear Snips,

Thank you for your help and patience.
I will remove the MB1100 that was installed, replace a new connector on the transducer cable and connect directly to the FCV587.
I'll test the transducer height question better, whether or not it generates turbulence at high speeds. Then I give you feed back.

Please, one last question: How many wires are there in the 525T-BHD cable? I checked today and the cable that comes from my transducer on the MB1100 has 8 wires, being red, green, blue, black, orange, brown, white and one without hood and color. Should not be 10 wires if the connector is 10 pins?

Best regards

Billydrigla,
Below is the transducer wiring diagram.

Snips

Attachments

• B-258 TID.JPG
    B-258 TID.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 2,363
I have a new FCV-588 in my boat.
The transducer i have is a raymarine B258 E66082. Can i cut of the raymarine connector and connect the trandsucer directly to a 10 pin furuno connector.
My delaer sais that i have to use a MB-1100.

aos,
Since the B-258 is a diplexed transducer it doesn't require the MB-1100. If you cut off the plug the blue and black wires are for the transducer and the white and brown are the temperature. Also connect the shields.

Snips

Dear Snip,

Please, I'm sorry for long delay in my return with feed back. My Furuno 587, with your help, it's operating perfect. I set 526 for transductor and eliminate the box adapter. "Eureka"!!! I don't have problem with the turbulence in the speed cover of transductor.
Thank you very much my friend, I,m very, very happy with my equipamment.
You know a movie with informations of interpretations of screen? Please, send me the link.

Best Regards

Billy Drigla (Boat Fishing Zeta 260 - Brazil)