TZT Waypoint Transfer to GP1870F

MarMax

Furuno Super Fan
Can file transfers (waypoints, etc.) be done directly from my TZT to a GP1870F? Either via SD card or wireless?

No unfortunately not. The GP1870F uses a special waypoint format established by C-map called PNT. If you need to convert on a regular basis, I would recommend a program called "Seamarks" (www.andren.com). If this is a one time conversion, our tech support can help you out if you provide them the file.

Thank you Johnny E. Looks like that software is only $85 and probably well worth it.

I have another question regarding charts. It looks like the C-Map 4D Full (M-NA-D024) West Coast and Hawaii on SD-Card is the recommended GP1870F chart for my area and I'd like to know if this same chart set would work with the TZT9.

No, the TZT doesn't use C-map chart cards. It uses one type of chart called MM3 (MapMedia 3D). They do offer areas using C-map or Navionics data cores for purchase but the TZT is a totally different animal. It is rare to see someone have both units on the same boat and when they do, they normally are using the GP1870 as a sounder. C-map can sell C-map core MM3 licences to charts for the TZT. You might see if you can get a package deal from them since you are looking at buying charts for both systems.

Back