Loading waypoints manually into a new GP33

RBilly

I just started up unit successfully at home and want to install waypoints manually into the unit before installing in boat in Spring. I'm on Georgian Bay.
Looking at Pg 3-1 and Pg. 7-12 I find the manual very technical and confusing. Is there an easy ,shortened way to start loading waypoints by: number, Lat/long, brief desc. of pos., ...
Thanks.

The GP33 is a GPS unit with basic navigation skills. It doesn't offer mapping and other advanced features offered by a full chart plotter. Waypoints can be shown in the order of location (starting with the points nearest you by Lat/Lon) or by Alpha (alphabetical order). When you add points, the unit will sort them in with any existing points you currently have. You can add the points to the machine by selecting (new) from the top of either sorted list. Only these two sorted list are available. There are other ways points are entered (by cursor,by boat position, and automatically) but if you have an establish list of points, then you should be using (New) under either the Alpha/Location list to enter them.

Back