USB-10P-CB Do I really have to buy this to transfer data.

A

Anonymous

Help!! I just bought the gp33 and I'm told I have to buy the USB-10P-CB cable to transfer my data from laptop to gp33. The local dealer wanted me to give him the waypoints and he would transfer them for me! Yea Right!

Does some have a loaner cable I could rent for 1 download?? I would be glad to give a deposit.

Thanks
Donald

Good afternoon dtpac,

Thank you for your inquiry. You do not have to use that specific cable, but you will need a 10-pin NMEA cable that fits with the GP33. The cable that you listed also has a USB. connector that is opto-isolated and will convert the RS422 signal from the GP33 to RS232 which most computers use and vice versa. We use the USB to create a virtual comport for the data transfer. If your computer has a standard serial port that uses a DB9 connector you could also use that instead of the USB and virtual comport. However, most newer computers do not provide a serial port anymore.

Furuno USA does not provide a rental service, but you may be able to find another user like yourself to borrow the cable to complete your task.

Kind Regards,

C-Bass

Well, maybe someone will have one to share?

Thanks,
Donald

Back