waypoint databaseGP-1850DF

Status
Not open for further replies.

martyuno

I have a GP-1850DF. I would like to be able to transfer waypoint data from my GP1850DF to my computer and vice versa. I have been told that a good software for this is easy GPS. I do not have a data card for this Furuno unit, and am asking if anyone can tell me what hardare i would need to transfer the data back and forth. I have a laptop, so i can bring it onto the boat and connect a cable between the Furuno and laptop. Need to know what type of cable would work. I saw a 7 pin connector cable that would connect to the DGPS port on the back of my Furuno, but the other end of the cable is just wires. My laptop has the following type ports. An ethernet, usb, hdmi, 15 pin serial port with 3 rows of 5.

I would recommend building the PC transfer cable described in the operators manual (wiring shown in manual) or buying it pre-built (p/n FUR-DWN-CBL ). This will provide a 9pin serial connection to the PC. If you don't have this connection, there are many low cost 9pin Serial to USB converters sold. Make sure the converter you buy supports your PC operating system. They typically come with the needed PC drivers.

Greetings

I find myself in this same dilemma , but cant seem to find a compatible cable to use on my macbook pro :questions . Any thoughts?

Most waypoint conversion programs (like Seamarks) are written for PC. If a one time conversion is needed to another Furuno product, you can open a case with tech support and send them a copy of the points and they can normally convert them and e-mail them back.

My original1850df had an internal battery failure. Returned to Furuno service w c-map in place for replacement of that battery. Furuno decline and ask if I wanted it back.
I said no if it’s beyond repair (evidently a huge mistake).
Found another 1850DF w/o card. Tried to buys new c-map card online. They sent a C-Map Reveal. Not what I needed. How do I get the proper card for West Coast?
Btw tge replacement 1850 is displaying low battery. Will it recharge or am I faced with a dying battery?

The battery would need to be replaced. Furuno USA service center can replace them unless something else is wrong. The 20+ year old units are well past their repair life with both chart companies no longer making charts for them. Any charts would come from the used market. If you had it in for service and it is more than the battery, it sounds like I would be shopping for GP1971F rather than a old used chart card. They were great units during their day. People can normally find used ones cheaper than getting any possible repairs done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back