Waypoints from Garmin Mapsource to Furuno 1870F ? ? ?

A

Anonymous

Hello all. I have used Garmin GPS units of various models over the years and strictly Furuno bottom machines. I have decided to do a complete restore of my `72 T-Craft and all Furuno electronics was in the budget, so I have purchased the 1870F. I have well over 1000 waypoints on Mapquest and SD cards for the Garmin machines. . .is there a way to load these points from one machine to the other besides manually? I am by no means a "Giga Bite / Mega Bite" wiz so please let me know in plain (charter Capt.) english - LOL :lol: .

I've had several people offer to do this for me, but it was "drop your machines off and I'll go through them and load things up" and I know what that means. . ."I'll copy your numbers for myself and load you up" and that is not happening :noway ! ! ! If anyone can help navigate me through this I would be ever so appreciative. Thank you in advance. :furuno

Currently the only program that I know of that can save it in the correct format is Seamarks by Andren. (WWW.Andren.com) it will read and write about any format. They have a conversation service if you don't want to buy the program.

Back